Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 12:42:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tricky sticky!

Started by kaylene99, Jul 30, 2005, 09:44:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaylene99

Wow, talk about not being on here for a while... I hope everyone's doing well and living life as best as possible.

Without going into too much details, let me just ask your opinion/advice on our current situation:

DH got raped with his divorce order years ago (surprise, surprise).  He has been shouldering 100% of transportation to see the kids even after ex-wife moved around a lot.  Right now, the kids live about 6 hours away from us.  Ex-wife's also re-married and wanted to relocate the kids out-of-the-country four years ago.  We went to court and won against it.  To this date, she still talks about the desire to take the kids for a "visit" with her in-laws. We sympathize but DO NOT TRUST her given our rocky history.  My husband, as open-minded and peacemaker as he is, expressed to her that we must all build trust and really try hard at working together.  Perhaps then, our feelings towards the kids' out-of-the-country travel will be different.  

So, that idea of "working together" has started.  She and her husband met us halfway for the kids' return after their summer time with us.  Now, now...although I acknowledge that as a milestone in itself, I am ultra leery that just after a few "meeting halfway" trips, she will DEMAND/INSIST to be allowed to take the both kids out of the country (we had agreed before for her to take one child while the other stays with us and she did just that 2x).  Anyway, I'm concerned that my husband's desire to promote peace and cooperation will cloud his judgment and allow this to happen.  As long as I'm around, I will continue to be his conscience and voice of reason regardless of how irritated/angered I get over this situation.  What do you think is the MOST appropriate response?

Things are calm right now.  Our kids are doing good although they didn't earn the best grades last school year (another long story in itself).  Seeing us all "getting along" and "working together" is doing them wonders for sure.  In my opinion, it's only a matter of time till HELL returns.  Such is the beauty of pessimism and reality! )(