Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 08:11:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Looking for some ideas

Started by extsr2001, Aug 03, 2005, 07:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

extsr2001

I am a Dad of 14 year old female child that wants to come live here with me. She has for a good portion of the seperation from the divorce from my ex. This is the first time in years I have been secure enough with my employment and the feeling that I can do this.

I have full joint legal custody, she has placement though. She has moved my daughter around every 2 and half years, breaking up any chance of long term friendships or relationships and then banning her from contacting those friends from wence she came saying they are a bad influence or something to that effect.

My ex is now working on a 3rd husband, discarding her second after having two children with him and moving to yet another state.

I know now that I could have prevented her from moving the first time and didnt because I really believed I couldnt do anything to stop it.

I really need some advice on what I should do to prevent her from ostrasizing my daughter further, any and all friends she makes are instantly torn down by my ex, she currently has no friends and is unable to contact any previous ones she has made.

TPK

I am not an attorney, but can offer some advice for you.

A child of 14 probably can testify to which parent they want to live with. You didn't mention what state you're in, so you'll have to check the laws in your state as to what age would be considered for child to testify.

Secondly, you can mention to the court the frequent relocating habits your wife seems to have. This constant moving certainly is not providing a stable living environment for the child. Document the locations she's lived in the last few years, and make sure your ~proof~ will hold up in court.

The constant moving along with your 14 year old child's wishes to live with you just might be enough to get you a win. These 2 issues can fall under the "change of circumstances" the court requires to give you placement.

Have your child mention that Mom is not allowing her to have relationships with her friends as well.

I would think you have a good chance of winning. But....you never know what some moronic Judge will rule so don't take anything for granted.

Get an attorney if you already don't have one. Do NOT do this Pro Se.

I suggest posting this to Socrateaser on this board. Make sure you
follow his guidelines.

Read the below link first for his guidelines, then use the 2nd link to post your situation to him.

http://www.deltabravo.net/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=615&mode=full&page=

http://www.deltabravo.net/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=106

Best of luck to you.

TPK