Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 17, 2024, 09:58:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

dna testing

Started by kurupt17, Aug 25, 2005, 09:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurupt17

Does anybody know of a place that will do a dna test with a baby tooth for a reasonable price.  I have a seven year old daughter that lives out of state that I don't think is my child. I was there the other day and her tooth fell out, well the tooth fairy gave me the tooth for a dollar.  I would like to be able to have a test done without the mother knowing.  I know that the swab test would be easier but my daughter tells here mother everything and I don't want her to know what I am doing until after the fact.

jilly

I can't give you any advice about where to get DNA testing or if it will work on a tooth.

However, I can tell you that if you are able to have DNA testing done on the tooth and the results come back that she's not your biological child the Court won't give a flip.

You don't say in your post, but I'm assuming you were married to her Mom and that you have been the only Father your daughter has known.  If you were married and your wife got pregnant by another man during the marriage, your name is on the birth certificate because you are presumed to be the Father.  And think about it...if you find out that your daughter is not your biological child how do you think she'll feel if you just up and abandon her because she's not your "real" daughter?  The Court will not let you out of this obligation.

I think you need to seriously think about what you're wanting to do and the repurcussions of your actions.

TPK

"Does anybody know of a place that will do a dna test with a
baby tooth for a reasonable price"

How about the FBI lab in Quantico, Va?

Seriously, I doubt a DNA test can be had for cheap money...anywhere.

You can try LabCorp which is a nationally recognized corporation. I have used them to do my kidney stone analysis 3 TIMES!!...Ouch!

http://www.labcorp.com/paternity/

You can probably swab a glass that the child has used if you think swabbing the mouth will bring attention to you.

I have to politely disagree with Jilly on her comment about being stuck if your name is on the birth certificate. I have to believe a DNA/Paternity test that shows you're not the father would change everything. I can't see the court making you pay CS to a child that isn't yours, that just doesn't seem fair to me. It would reek of injustice and a Judge will know if he orders you to continue paying his decision will be appealed and certainly overturned.

I will agree with Jilly that if you've been the father to the child all along that the child would be heartbroken if you suddenly disappeared. You've got a very tough decision to make. If you feel you're not the father then you should do the testing pronto.

Sorry to disagree with you Jilly, us "Yankees" up here think a little different I guess ;-)

Cheers!

TPK

joni

paternity fraud is the big buzz now so I think it would be worth pursuing, if you find out she's not yours, you're going to have to find the right sort of attorney to fight this

I found this, a baby tooth will not work but it gives you other ideas so your daughter isn't suspicious

http://www.paternityexperts.com/forensic.htm

kurupt17

I have naver been married to the mother and my name is not on the birth certificate because I was out of town when she was born.  I would not abandon her if she is not mine plus I have a yonger son by this woman that I know is mine and I would still want to see him.

kurupt17

Thanks for this site.  I think I will try the gum.

jilly

LOL...I love ya anyway TPK!  :P   At least you were polite about it! LOL

smtotwo

First, here in Wisconsin there is a VERY SHORT window to contest paternity.  If you don't contest in the time frame allowed by law, then you pay support until the child is either 18 or completes H.S. whichever is later.
DH found out after his divorce that the psychomommy had an affair with his brother.  His youngest son is probably not his, but his brothers.  The dates just fit and coincidently, maybe simply genetics, they are brothers, but his nephew and son look like identical twins that are 10 months apart.  That door slammed shut, no review, no contesting. TOO BAD FOR HIM. Support until child is 18.  Oh Yeah and the court won't order a DNA test. He could do it on his own but it won't matter anyway.

Secondly, Check out this link about Labcorp.  Mans support order overturned bacause Labcorp was found unreliable. Not that DNA was flawed but there was human error.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/20/AR2005082000998.html