Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 04:47:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

My grandson from my underage son!

Started by troubleinparadise, Sep 16, 2005, 09:48:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troubleinparadise

Hello,

I have a 17-year old son who became a father at the tender age of 15.  As far as spending time with his newborn baby everything was "okay" in the begining (I use the word okay very, very loosely).  However, little by little the mother of my grandson would not allow my son or the rest of our family to see the baby.  She would say the baby could come over to our house and then later she would have a fit and tell us to "tap sand".  Yesterday was a prime example of this.  My son's birthday is today and he wanted his son to spend the night with him.  My son said he'd arranged it with her in advance, however she had a fit and told him to forget about it.  It seems my son and our family are always having to jump through hoops in order to get any time with the baby.  Bottom line is....we need to know what our rights are and how we can proceed in obtaining these rights.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

Sherry1

put into place.  Warning, child support can be ordered from the birth of the child.  After joint custody and a parenting plan has been established, if she breaks the court order, keep track of everything and then file contempt charges on her.

wendl

My ex and I had my son when he was 15 as well.  We went to court had CS established (due to being a minor he was ordered cs of $25 a month) he got everyother weekend and alternating holidays.

He really needs to file to 1) establish paternity and 2) for joint legal and visitation.

Document everything, do not give her CASH, write checks put cs in the memo and keep cancelled checks.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**