Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 04:09:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Procedures for filing change of custody and CS

Started by sublimemom, Jan 02, 2004, 08:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sublimemom

Some of you may remember our case where the mother (in FL) agreed that son would move to MI to live with his father, and then "took" him back a year and a half later (while the father was at work).  Anyway, lo and behold, just a few months after that fiasco, son wants to return to live with dad permanently and mother agrees.  

We spent billions (seems like) on attorney fees this past year, only to have the child taken by the mom on a whim.  We want to file all the paperwork "pro se" and the parents agree on everything.  I should mention this is a split-custody arrangement (1 minor son will be in FL, 1 in MI - really, is best in this situation).  

If ANYONE has ANY experience with the actual court procedures (in FL) please let me have it!  I'm thinking that:

1. Both parties will need to fill out the financial affidavit form.
2. A "Stipulation for Modification of Final Judgement of Dissolution of
    Marriage" will need to be typed up (we have a copy from the first
    go-around), signed and notarized by both parties.
3.  This form would then be filed at the Circuit Court (for a fee, of
    course!), along with a "Order adopting Stipulation for Modification
    of Final Judgement of Dissolution of Marriage" form.  
4.  A letter is sent to the Judge stating that there is enclosed a fully
     executed modification blah blah blah, along with an Order adopting it.
5.  A hearing or chambers meeting is scheduled? to sign the paperwork?

We have stacks and stacks of legal mumbo jumbo, along with the most recent filings which changed the support amount (and WAS going to change physical residence before he was taken back).  I'm sure we can use these to do it the "pro se" way, but we're not sure exactly how to file with the courts.  

Please anyone with any suggestions!!  Thanks in advance.