Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 09:35:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Don't know where to begin...

Started by Ang, Sep 19, 2005, 03:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ang

Here's my situation.  I am just the "girlfriend" but his problems are my problems and I want to help.  Jeremy has had to endure his ex-wife's insults and submit to her rules on how, when, where, and how long he can see his son.  When he finally has an opportunity to see his son she suddenly has "something come up" and can't allow the visitation.  His son is two years old and Jeremy can count on one hand how many times he's seen his son.  Jeremy and I live in Virginia and his son lives with his mom somewhere in Idaho.  She also refuses to give Jeremy a home address so that he cannot send his son anything.  Jeremy tries as hard as he can to take vacation time off work to just see his son for a few hours and he ends up not being able to see his son.  Jeremy knows very little about his son.  He's managed to acquire a couple pictures but that's it.  She has made it her mission to make sure that Jeremy looks like a bad father by not writing, calling, or visiting.  That's another thing Jeremy also only has one phone number to reach his ex-wife which is his only line of communication to his son.  The last straw was when she allowed Jeremy to only say hello to his son over the phone but told him that he could not tell his son that it was his dad speaking to him.  She is doing everything she can to make sure his son doesn't get to know him.  Their marriage ended because she was unfaithfull and to add insult to injury her affair and pregnancy occured around the same time which forced Jeremy to endure a paternity test.  The latest blow came just a week ago when Jeremy's ex-wife called to inform him that his son was in the hospital having some "tests" done.  She refuses to explain what is going on with his son and Jeremy has no way of finding out what's going on.  Jeremy's mother was able to find out some information though and it seems his son was being tested for cystic fibrosis among a few other things.  Jeremy needs help, I need help and his son needs help.  Jeremy would love to have custody of his son but would settle for joint custody and at the very least the right to hear his son call him "dad" for the first time.  Can anyone please help us and give us advice on what to do.  We can't afford a lawyer but Jeremy desperately wants a chance to be a dad.  Thanks.

ocean

In his divorce papers does he have a visitation schedule? custody papers? anything that went through the courts? If he does not, then he needs to go to the court house where the divorce was issued (and hopefully where child is still living) and ask for a visitation. You can look on this site for different ideas of what you want...long weekends...vacations...holidays...birthdays...Put times and dates in there so there is no confusion.