Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 01:12:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stop the VAWA! How?

Started by FIRM, Sep 29, 2005, 06:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FIRM

How to stop the gender biased VAWA when more than half the violence is created by women and the worse offenders of violence against children are women...not to mention that about 1.5 times of the violence is commited against MEN...NOT, women...?

Simple.

Keep track of what "NOW" is doing.

In this case, they make it easy for us to stop this male bias that is totally, completely anti-Constitutional. They even give us a telephone number to call our representatives!

If you don't do it, no one will. We can stop this misandry. Just pick up the telephone, e-mail, snail mail and fax your protests!

"You can reach any senator through the Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121."

Pick up the phone and stop the insanity of all the gender lies perpetuated and propagated by militant feminists!

Do your part. Pass this around!

Need stats and quantitative analysis to prove my points? Merely e-mail me: [email protected]

Eric

P.S.: Look for FIRMsTV this late Fall or early Winter! Gotta go! Busy, busy...

VAWA Expires Tomorrow 9/30 - Take Action NOW!

The Violence Against Women Act is set to expire tomorrow, Sept. 30. Please call your senators' offices immediately to make sure that U.S. women don't have to suffer without the lifesaving provisions of VAWA. You can reach any senator through the Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121.

In light of VAWA's overwhelming victory in the House on Wednesday, you may think that Senate passage is assured, but it's not. VAWA will only be brought to the Senate floor and passed if people like you make your voices heard.

Remember that VAWA originally passed the senate UNANIMOUSLY with bi-partisan sponsorship, so don't hesitate to call conservative senators.

Call your senators' offices right away and talk to a staff member. Tell them that you want the Senator to help bring VAWA (S 1197) to the floor on Friday, Sept. 30, and to vote "yes" on this important act. Make sure they know that you are a constituent in their state and you vote!

If you must, leave a message on their answering machine, but make your call NOW! Please call 202-224-3121.

There is a suggested script below, or you can read more about this important issue.

"Hi, this is [name] from [city, state]. As your constituent and a women's rights supporter, I'm calling to ask [senator's name] to bring the Violence Against Women Act -- S 1197 -- to the floor on Friday Sept. 30 before it expires and to vote YES for final passage. The women of our state and this country are counting on you."

If you have the time, please send NOW an email (to [email protected]) to let us know which senators offices you reached and what kind of repsonse you received from their staff -- and even if you left a message. Your feedback helps in our lobbying efforts.

Thanks for your time and support on this critical issue!

Kim Gandy
NOW President

--------------------
Equality is not a difficult concept...

MYSONSDAD

Got on their e-mail list, have used their resources for other things. No better way to keep track of their action alerts. Here is something we all should be sending. Also, write the president and inform in the subject line, 50% financial support programs for male victims. Most of these people only see the subject line. Don't forget to make a few calls too.

Passing this on to others, let's give them hell.

The Senate will be voting on H.R. 3402 Friday September 30, 2005.

This bill is the hiding place for VAWA 2005

Please Forward to Every List and Forum You are On!

The Time to Act is Now  - Contact All Senate Offices!

Sorry for the late notice I just got word on the vote.

Your Senators need to get something today!

Email - Fax - Call - all or any will do. Faxes are best for the home offices.

New Sample Text  (which I did fit on one page fax)

As usual, below the sample text is the list of the home offices for the members of the Senate Judiciary Committee Some have emails addresses, but most do not. There is an easier answer than the House's writerep webform.

First: Send this to your own Senators via the RightMarch.com Mail System at:      
http://capwiz.com/sicminc/dbq/officials/  

Second: Email this to the address list below. NOTE: New Media Contacts!

Then:  Fax the your letter or the sample below to as many home offices of the Senate Judiciary Committee members as you can. Call them as well

Please - No Long Diatribes!

They rarely read past the subject line. Keep it to one page, everything past that is a waste.

IMPORTANT:
Make sure what you sent has a subject line (i.e. Re: or Subject:) that states your position. Sometimes that's all they read.

=============================================================
            SAMPLE TEXT to Senators
=============================================================

Subject: or Re:

I oppose the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). Please VOTE NO on H.R. 3402.  It includes VAWA which punishes the innocent and frees the guilty.

Email Body:

I oppose the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). Please VOTE NO on H.R. 3402 or any other attempt to reauthorize VAWA. Help restore morals, values, and dignity to the daily lives of American families and our children.

Renewal of VAWA will expand the level of civil rights violations unequaled since the abolition of slavery.

VAWA punishes the innocent and frees the guilty. Nothing in VAWA 2005 or HR 3402 will change this. If anything it is going to make it worse. HR 3402, the draft of the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) reauthorization is an unconstitutional travesty. A system of Justice hanging on bare threads of morality and truth cannot withstand the influences of the rage and spite that plague our society today.

Again I ask you to please VOTE NO on VAWA or any other attempt to reauthorize the "Violence Against Women Act" (VAWA), it is not in the best interest of America, our  children, or families.

VAWA has promoted, funded, or mandated:

Mandatory arrests without a warrant, often based on nothing more than hearsay;
A standard under which the accused is guilty until proven innocent and mere allegations now suffice as proof;
Forced citizens from their homes and children with nothing more than the clothes on their back without any pretense of due process;
Endorsed searches of homes without a warrant;
Allowed seizures of property without redress;
Denied defendants the assistance of counsel, the right to confront their accuser and obtain witnesses in their defense;
Punishment and imprisonment that occurs before a trial or without one;
Invoked public censure for crimes men have not committed.
The needed reforms are:

Domestic violence is a state matter. Existing Federal laws should be repealed or allowed to expire.
Domestic violence laws must be gender neutral in all respects and practice.
Domestic violence and abuse laws must not violate the rights to due process and equal protection under the law.
False allegations of domestic violence and suborning perjury must be dealt with as criminal acts.
Domestic violence laws at all levels of government must exist solely in the criminal codes.
Please VOTE NO on VAWA for the good of all Americans. Renewal of this law will expand a level of civil rights violations unequaled since the abolition of slavery. The rework suggested in VAWA 2005 only promises to provide more funding to the current fraud-ridden system riddled with advocacy research studies and government propaganda.

Our domestic violence laws and their operation throughout the country need reviewing under the highest level of scrutiny possible. Qualified scientists must conduct a comprehensive, well-funded study of domestic violence rather than ideologues in order to establish how pervasive this problem is and what methods are most effective in reducing it.

Yours truly,
Your Name
Street Address
City, State,Zip Code +4
Phone Number with area code

"Equal Protection Under the Law is True Equality"

=========================================
Senate Jud. Com. Home Office CONTACT LIST
=========================================

Judiciary Committee
224 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Phone:  202-224-5225
Fax:  202-224-9102

Senator Arlen Specter (R-PA)
Main District Office:
600 Arch St., #9400
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Phone:  215-597-7200
Fax:  215-597-0406

Senator Orrin G. Hatch (R-UT)
Main District Office:
8402 Fed. Bldg., 125 South State St.
Salt Lake City, UT 84138
Phone:  801-524-4380
Fax:  801-524-4379

Senator Charles E. Grassley (R-IA)
Main District Office:
210 Walnut St., Rm. 721
Des Moines, IA 50309
Phone:  515-288-1145
Fax:  515-288-5097

Senator Jon L. Kyl (R-AZ)
Main District Office:
2200 East Camelback Rd., #120
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Phone:  602-840-1891
Fax:  602-957-6838

Senator Mike DeWine (R-OH)
Main District Office:
37 West Broad St., Ste. 300
Columbus, OH 43215
Phone:  614-469-5186
Fax:  614-469-2982

Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL)
Main District Office:
7550 Halcyon Summit Dr., Ste. 150
Montgomery, AL 36117
Phone:  334-244-7017
Fax:  334-244-7091

Senator Lindsey O. Graham (R-SC)
Main District Office:
101 East Washington St., Ste. 220
Greenville, SC 29601
Phone:  864-250-1417
Fax:  864-250-4322

Senator John Cornyn (R-TX)
Main District Office:
221 West 6th St., Ste. 1530
Austin, TX 78701
Phone:  512-469-6034
Fax:  512-469-6020

Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS)
Main District Office:
612 South Kansas Ave.
Topeka, KS 66603
Phone:  785-233-2503
Fax:  785-233-2616

Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK)
Main District Office:
401 South Boston, 3310 Mid-Continent Tower
Tulsa, OK 74103-4007
Phone:  918-581-7651
Fax:  918-581-7195

Senator Patrick J. Leahy (D-VT)
Main Office has no listed Fax Number Use Montpelier numbers
Montpelier Office
87 State St., Rm. 338
Montpelier, VT 05602
Phone:  802-229-0569
Fax:  802-229-1915

Senator Edward M. Kennedy (D-MA)
Main District Office:
2400 John F. Kennedy Fed. Bldg.
Boston, MA 02203
Phone:  617-565-3170
Fax:  617-565-3183

Senator Joseph R. Biden, Jr. (D-DE)
Main District Office:
1105 North Market St., Ste. 2000
Wilmington, DE 19801-1233
Phone:  302-573-6345
Fax:  302-573-6351

Senator Herbert H. Kohl (D-WI)
Main District Office:
310 West Wisconsin Ave., #950
Milwaukee, WI 53203
Phone:  414-297-4451
Fax:  414-297-4455

Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
Main District Office:
One Post St., #2450
San Francisco, CA 94104
Phone:  415-393-0707
Fax:  415-393-0710

Senator Russ Feingold (D-WI)
Main District Office:
1600 Aspen Commons, Rm. 100
Middleton, WI 53562
Phone:  608-828-1200
Fax:  608-828-1203

Senator Charles E. Schumer (D-NY)
Main District Office:
757 Third Ave., Ste. 17-02
New York, NY 10017
Phone:  212-486-4430
Fax:  212-486-7693

Senator Richard J. Durbin (D-IL)
Main District Office:
230 South Dearborn St., Ste. 3892
Chicago, IL 60604
Phone:  312-353-4952
Fax:  312-353-0150

======================
Email Addresses:
======================

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] , [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

FIRM

Looks as if we have more time to pick up those telephones and start making a difference!

"You can reach any senator through the Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121."

I don't necessarily agree with RADAR and specifically, VAWA because we already had/have laws on the books and still do that cover violence from a Constitutional law viewpoint that requires "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" as opposed to the nebulous "preponderance of the evidence" as found in Civil Courts.

RADAR, in my opinion, does not believe that we can stop the VAWA behemoth and therefore "settles" by including men in the definition and a recognition that women are at least as violent as men and in many studies, MORE violent.

Eric Ericson
Fathers's Integrity & Rights Movement (FIRM)
FIRM's TV
FIRM's News & Journal
FIRM's NCP Advocate
FIRM's Equality in Parenting Radio Show

This is their announcement:

Senate Puts Off Vote on Controversial VAWA

Despite enormous pressure by VAWA advocates, the Senate failed to
vote on the Violence Against Women Act yesterday. We believe the
reason for the delay is that bill contains a number of contentious
issues. The Senate has now adjourned, and will come back into
session this coming Wednesday.

This is good news for us, because it gives us a few more days to get
our message across.

At this point, this is what we are asking for:

1.      The Senate bill needs to include clear and explicit language
that clarifies that male DV victims are entitled to service. The
Senate bill currently has male-inclusive language, but we want to
make it much stronger.
2.      The bill needs to remove specific references to women and
girls, to make the language gender-neutral.

Watch for RADAR's Alert coming out this Monday morning.

In the meantime, if you want to contact your Senator at their local
office on Monday or Tuesday, that's fine.

But it's important that we stay on message – see points 1. and 2.
above. If you request other changes to VAWA, it will dilute the key
message that advocates for equal treatment are trying to make.

FIRM

If you need help or want a better understanding of what this is all about and what to state, please follow the links to Michael's & Marc's examples:

Congratulations due one Marc Snider for his wonderful
speech to those
assembled to celebrate Constitution Day in Concord
last Sunday. The abrogation of father's rights is
described in eloquent fashion.
Don't miss it.
Michael J. Geanoulis, Pres., NH Chapter
National Congress for Fathers & Children,
PO Box 45, New Castle, NH 03854-0045
//www.ncfcnh.org
603-436-8810

----------------------------------------
Footage from Suday, September 25th, 2005 NH Constitution Day is here:
//www.nhcustody.org/video/NH_Constitution_Day.wmv

Detailed information on lobbying violations is here (this is the information I allude to in my address that was provided to the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee and others):
http://www.nhcustody.org/NHCADSV/VA...prohibition.htm

Here is an aggregated list of anti-VAWA renewal letters I've sent to the Congress:
http://www.nhcustody.org/VAWA_Letters.htm

And here is an appropriate pictorial analogy about what the VAWA has done to fatherhood, children, and families across our country:
http://www.nhcustody.org/disaster_const.jpg

Regards,
Marc Snider
Merrimack, NH
//WWW.NHCUSTODY.ORG

FIRM

From a different site, I posted responses to questions that you can see below.

In the first response, one person stated that since they live in a different country, that they could not help. This is simply, not true.

In the second response, the person was interested in more USA statistics and below that response, I gave several reputable sites for follow up to study the numbers about female violence.

I also let them know that I have much information for about any country in the world and that if others would like information for their countries, I could probably help them, too...

(name deleted),

It certainly would not hurt to call, e-mail, snail mail and/or fax if you can not be there in person... I write to your Canadian representatives all the time...not to mention the UK, Australia, New Zealand and the list goes on and on and on...

(name deleted),

If you would like more information and stats (mostly quantitative analysis-the really good stuff) than found below, please let me know plus what country you would like to know about including any divorce, custody or related subject (such as how the VAWA is used against men in a divorce situation). If I don't have it, I am sure that many of my contacts do...

Later today or tomorrow, I intend to show how these numbers are not to denigrate women, but merely to show that both genders are capable of violence, equally, with women slightly ahead in the violence department...

Good luck,

Eric

http://www.acf.dhhs.gov/programs/cb...ncands97/s7.htm

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/.../cm00/index.htm

http://www.lbduk.org/FEMFRAUD.htm

http://www.csulb.edu/~mfiebert/assault.htm

http://www.usdoj.gov/ovw

http://www.responsibleopposing.com/checker.html

http://www.menweb.org/throop/batter...y/difcause.html

--------------------

FIRM

The following is a post that I made on a different site. It is related to the post: Stop the VAWA! How?

Above, is much information on how to contact your governmental representatives to stop the VAWA or if you are so inclined, to amend it to reflect "gender neutrality."

I will more than likely be posting more later about this subject... I am just trying to give those that care, a little information at a time to make these postings a little bit more digestible because there is a heck of a lot more information that can NOT be refuted.

Good luck,

Eric

I have lots of stuff saved as "documents." Therefore, there is no link to them. An example is below. I started saving certain things because...suprise!...the sites get closed down... It's amazing what the militant feminist groups do to sites that advocate equality...TRUE equality. Just like the Status of Women (SOW-an appropriate acronym) in Canada does in I believe, your own country and financed by tax dollars just as VAWA does in the USA. They have targeted me in great numbers...btw... :)

If others would like more information, just let me know by e-mail or have (name deleted) OK it, and I can load the bandwidth for this site to the bursting point... ;)

"How can this be?"

FAMILY VIOLENCE, A report from: Family Resources & Research For the full report see http://www.landwave.com/family/

Violence against family members is something women do at least as often as men! There are dozens of solid scientific studies that reveal a startlingly different picture of family violence than what we usually see in the media. For instance:

Women are three times more likely than men to use weapons in spousal violence.

Women initiate most incidents of spousal violence.

Women commit most child abuse and most elder abuse.

Women hit their male children more frequently and more severely than they hit their female children.

Women commit most child murders and 64% of their victims are male children.

When women murder adults the majority of their victims are men.

Women commit 52% of spousal killings and are convicted of 41% of spousal murders.

Eighty two percent of the general population had their first experience of violence at the hands of women.

Complete scientific citations are included in this report. Leading researchers have validated the statistics used here, "Murray Straus (a sociologist and co-director for the Family Research Laboratory at the University of New Hampshire) verified the statistics from his report . . .and Richard Gelles of the University of Rhode Island and author of Intimate Violence and other studies, also validated the statistics used by matching it to previous research." Alice Lovejoy, Brown University. "Counter Punch")

Fathers' Integrity & Rights Movement (FIRM)

//www.FIRMncp.com

--------------------

FIRM

RADAR ALERT:

Mr. Specter, Why are Disabled Boys Ineligible for VAWA Services?

Section 1402 of the Senate version of VAWA states how the funds will be used:

(b) USE OF FUNDS- Grants awarded under this section shall be used--
`(1) to provide personnel, training, technical assistance, advocacy, intervention, risk reduction and prevention of domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, and sexual assault against disabled women and girls;
Note that disabled women and girls qualify, but apparently not disabled boys or men. This is simply outrageous.

As chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee and an original co-sponsor of the Violence Against Women Act, Senator Specter has the power to remove this discriminatory language.

This is what we are asking him to do:

Remove specific references to women and girls (like in Section 1402) to make the language gender-neutral.
Add clear and explicit language clarifying that male DV victims are entitled to service. The Senate bill currently has male-inclusive language, but we want to make it much stronger.
This is how to contact Senator Specter's office:

Fax (the most effective strategy): 202-228-1229
Telephone: 202-224-4254
E-mail: http://specter.senate.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=ContactInfo.Home – be sure to put the words "Make VAWA Male-Inclusive" into the subject line.

It is essential get your message through as many times as possible. As always, keep your message short and sweet.

And PLEASE stay "On-Message." It is true that there are many problems with VAWA. But if everyone complains about their particular issue, we will end up canceling each other out. At this point in time, the most important thing is to make VAWA male-inclusive. That will get us a seat at the table.

We've come too far and worked too hard to dilute our focus. Please stay On-Message.

VAWA may go to the Senate floor for a vote later this week. Then it will go to the Senate-House Conference Committee to work out the differences in the Senate and House bills.

You can be sure our opponents will be pressuring Congress to get VAWA approved this week. We need to work very, very hard to match their efforts, fax by fax, phone call by phone call, and e-mail by e-mail.

Let's roll.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date of RADAR Release: October 1, 2005

To track the current status of VAWA, go to http://thomas.loc.gov and enter the bill number: Senate bill S. 1197; House of Representatives bill H.R. 3402.

Respecting Accuracy in Domestic Abuse Reporting (RADAR) is a coalition of men and women working to assure balance in the domestic violence issue: http://www.mediaradar.org.