Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 10:48:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

LOOKING FOR AN ATTY

Started by lily, Oct 08, 2005, 06:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lily

This is my first time on this site, forgive any errors - My husband is looking for a decent attorney in the Haverhill MA  area for a visitation/PAS issue.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.

MYSONSDAD

This might be of some help. Hopefully we have some folks from your State who can make some good recommendations.

Attorneys, GAL's and Evaluators We Would Recommend - 'H' through 'M'
Some attorneys, GAL's and custody evaluators really are great, and we'd like to take a moment to express our genuine thanks to them. This page is dedicated to them, the good attorneys, GAL's and custody evaluators of the world.
URL: http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/goodguysh2m.htm - size 33kb - 20 Oct 2003

Hiring An Effective Attorney
The one factor that will most influence the outcome of your divorce and custody case is your choice of the attorney who will represent you. In this article, learn how to hire an effective attorney who will fight for you and your children.
URL: http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/effective.htm - size 15kb - 20 Oct 2003

"Children learn what they live"

determined

I am guessing that you are working with either the Haverhill District Court (Haverhill) or the Essex County Probate & Family Court (Salem).

Although I have close to ten years experience, it is in Middlesex and Suffolk Counties.  I found that there was a real advantage to working with somebody who is seen as an 'insider' and is in the court in question almost every week.  They know the GALs (if the issue is PAS, the Judge will be hostile if anybody other than a GAL tells her so), the DSS, the schools, etc.

I went through multiple atorneys over an extended court battle.  The big name who wanted a huge retainer then turned the case over to an associate who was an idiot.  Eventually, a recommendation that I got in church resulted in an excellent attorney who took the case after it had been screwed up for years.  F&F has probably the best database of father-friendly attorneys in Massachusetts.  I will post the url for their website below.  In the end, you will have to interview several to find one that matches your case.

determined

The promised url is

//www.fathersandfamilies.org

Foundation for Fathers and Families
P.O. Box 1484
Boston, MA 02117-1484
(617)357-4832

"Fathers and Families is a non-profit organization in Massachusetts
advocating for the preservation of the Father-Child bond in the
family court system."

The Fathers Group
908 Concord Street
Framingham, MA 01701
(508) 879-4585

Concerned Fathers
PO Box 127
Norwood, MA 02062
(617) 762-3347
(413) 736-7432 - Springfield

CPF - The Fatherhood Coalition
//www.fatherhoodcoalition.org
PO Box 700
Milford, MA 07157
(617) 723-3237

Dads Against Divorce Discrimination
PO Box 933
Westboro, MA 01581
(508) 488-8498

Parents and Children Together
1 Emily Lane
Sandwich, MA 02563
(508) 420-1701

lily

Thanks to all for responses - we are however dealing with Middleses county, because x lives in Winchester.  So far everything has been done in the Woburn court and in Cambridge.  

joni

you should invest in an atty who's certified in family law.  you can find one at this site

//www.aaml.org/directory.htm

richiejay

I sent you an email with the name of one in Belmont.  Good Luck.  

determined

In that case I am unfortunately far more aware.  I just sent you an email with a few names/numbers