Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 04:58:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

arrears

Started by help4dad, Oct 27, 2005, 01:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

help4dad

need some advice.....i have basically had joint custody of my son for the last 10 years. our original papers stated that i owed child support; however, my ex wife & I mutually agreed once the waters calmed that i would pay half on all major expenditures & that i would see him more often, and i have for the last 10 years. we recently had a disagreement on an issue and she has decided to take me to court & saying i owe her arrearage for the last 10 years!
she says that the checks i have been paying her are all gifts & that i have not properly supported my child. what can i do???

4honor

You will need the lawyer to take care of the legal stuff and the PI to help you get the ex to fess up to lying to the judge.

Then ask for their fees back in court when you win this one... but it si going  to be hard and you have to act now.

Your EX has known where you were all along? Then she may have had a hard time convincing the judge that her version is the truth... or she may convince the judge you are demon spawn... it is a craps shoot.

IN the mean time pucker up and give her hiney a big wet kiss, cause the loss of pride is a heck of a lot cheaper than the THOUSANDS of dollars you are facing paying right now.

If you were ordered to pay and you did not, then she has you right where she wants you. Get your paperwork together and prove that you have had your child about 1/2 time. Then ask for a modification based on a significant change in circumstances (i.e., that your child spends signficant time with you and your family by permission of the CP).

The change in circumstances is not a new change, just a significant change since the last court order.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.