Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:00:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

a "law" firm? thoughts, opinions?

Started by Hawkeye, Oct 31, 2005, 07:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkeye

http://www.cordellcordell.com/

Anyone have experiences with these folks? Are they good? And good for what? Track record? At least they have a snazzy website, but who are they, really?

How about //www.kidsfirstiowa.org....?  Purports to have a site, but doesn't, other than a couple of directories????

I have a hardcopy of the letterhead, but site seems bogus.

Hawkeye

Everytime I refresh the Cordell law page, a new face pops up.

Funny lawyers. Are they just playing their game. It'll cost ya, guaranteed! Must be a new game, like hit the mole or something.

Don't let up, give PBS our full frontal assualt, that "so called documentary" was nothing more than a bunch of hooey. Total Bias against Fathers.

Keep on, parents, do the best you can, not only for your kids but the neighborhoods you live in.

debid13065

Go to the Dadsdivorce.com website, they run it (I believe)

CustodyIQ

Hi,

I've never had experience with them as a client, but I've chatted with one of the partners and have had email discussions with one of their administrators.

They seem pretty upfront and have integrity, in the contact that I've had.

That said, you need to find an attorney that is a best match for your needs.

Everyone's needs are different.

Some people need an attorney who is a strong negotiator, because settlement is likely and possible.

Some people need an attorney who is a strong litigator, because settlement is impossible.

Some people need an attorney with significant experience in move-away cases.

Some people need an attorney with significant experience in diffusing the impact of false accusations.

Not every attorney is best suited for each of those scenarios.

Overall, it's best to find an attorney who has significant experience (at least 10 years) in the county where the case is heard.  This means that the attorney will be familiar with the judge and opposing counsel.  That familiarity is important, in knowing if moving a case to another judge is critical due to perceived bias, or if opposing counsel is capable of slimey tactics (or better, capable of trying to come to a good resolution outside of court).

If desired, I wrote about my own experiences with attorneys in my child custody matters, and what I learned...  http://www.custodyiq.com/07202005d.html

The BEST way to find an attorney is a recommendation from someone.  Talk to friends, co-workers, support groups.  Many people have gone through divorces and child custody issues-- some of those people were happy with their attorney.

daddymccoy21

Honestly, I think you can represent yourself. I said this in antoher post, but I won custody of my kids, and I know of a couple other fathers who did the same - It took a long time, but I did it.  

I guess my advice would be to look around the internet for support articles and ebooks. This is the best site for helpfull info - and I found a good ebook that taught me alot of what to do and what NOT to do.  it is at http://www.familylawsecrets.com

Good luck man, you'll need it.

MYSONSDAD

they are based out of Indiana and I beleive I saw a recommendation thru this site...
http://www.indianacrc.org/claimright.html

If anything, post the question there, for Cordell. I have heard good things, but again, it is just hearsay.

"Children learn what they live"

MYSONSDAD

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050822/BUSINESS/508220341

IndyStar.com  Business

August 22, 2005

corner office
Law firm is advocate for divorcing dads

A weekly Q&A with a noteworthy business professional.
Joseph E. Cordell says he became a lawyer so he could represent the underdog. He ended up creating a law firm dedicated to helping men and fathers during divorce.

He is also the founder of DadsDivorce.com and author of "Civil War: A Dad's Guide to Custody."
Based in St. Louis, Cordell & Cordell recently opened a Downtown Indianapolis office at 101 W. Ohio St.
The firm also has offices in Kansas City, Mo.; Overland Park, Kan.; Fairview Heights, Ill.; and Atlanta.
Question: Why focus on men/fathers in divorce cases?
Answer: I personally have been through a divorce. In representing men as a domestic relations lawyer, I have found that men appear to face special challenges -- particularly as it relates to custody of their children.
Many people are apathetic regarding the equal importance of fathers and mothers in children's lives and just assume the mother always gets primary custody in divorce cases. While things have improved for dads in recent years, there is still work to be done to have a truly level playing field in the courtrooms.
Q: Why did you expand the firm into the Indianapolis market?
A: It was a logical expansion to continue eastward to Indiana from Missouri, Kansas and Illinois. This state is also one of few that does not have statutory language promoting shared parenting, and we realize that this can be an obstacle for some fathers wishing to have custody.
Q: What other legal services do you offer?
A: Many times our clients will return after their divorces to have modifications done if there are significant changes in circumstances. We also assist our clients in the areas of contempt proceedings, paternity cases and the drafting of premarital agreements.
Q: Why did you develop DadsDivorce.com?
A: DadsDivorce.com has become a popular gathering place on the Internet for fathers facing divorce. The key to our success has been to stay focused on the realities of the current legal system while understanding the importance of both parents in their children's lives. While we advocate fathers' rights, it is not done in a discriminatory way toward women.
-- By Jill Phillips

Copyright 2005 IndyStar.com. All rights reserved
"Children learn what they live"

my3sons

>Honestly, I think you can represent yourself. I said this in
>antoher post, but I won custody of my kids, and I know of a
>couple other fathers who did the same - It took a long time,
>but I did it.  
>
>I guess my advice would be to look around the internet for
>support articles and ebooks. This is the best site for
>helpfull info - and I found a good ebook that taught me alot
>of what to do and what NOT to do.  it is at
>http://www.familylawsecrets.com
>
>Good luck man, you'll need it.
>

Hi there,

You said this is the best site for helpful info, I don't see any helpful info on this site at all.  It's just a sales pitch for the book.  You've been touting this book in all of your posts here, and I'm wondering who wrote it and what specific aspects of it helped you?  

Maybe you could post a bit of a review of the book for us so we can better understand its value.  

Thanks!