Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 04:19:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Really starting to hate "the system"

Started by crayiii, Oct 31, 2005, 08:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smtotwo

I had to call them EVERY WEEK  to get them to take my ex to court, had to PROVIDE them with his employer info, if I could get it out of him.

Sometimes that was as easy as him wearing a jacket with the employers name, sometimes as hard as having friends that live near him(he lives out of state)  try to get the info out of him.

My kids are now 22 and 21  and both have a child,  He STILL OWES ove $4000 in arrears.

And because the children are grown we are no longer a "priority".

Thats O-K.  He doesnt know that theyll garnish his social security when he retires  and the interest just keeps adding up.

My DH is the NCP  and hasnt talked to boys in 2 months.  The ex intentionally created chaos because she is ordered to pick up at our house at the end of visits   and her license was revoked, coincidently, 10 weeks ago.

HUH,  imagine that.   No help for him either.

marisalimbo

Trust me, if you were in CA, it is that easy.  My husband divorced his ex over 3 years ago and pays over half of his paycheck in support. We moved to Texas because we could not afford to live in Ca anymore.  His pay is 30% less here and he is falling behind every month.  His ex took him to court just recently to raise it and within one weeks time, they had his support set $300 more than it was before.  He is supposed to pay $2200 a month now and they notified his payroll within one week.  We have a newborn son now and it was supposed to get lowered a measily $80, which you are a mom.  You know that it cost more than that to raise a baby.  Child Support Service says that it can take well over 6 months for that to become effective.  We try to see his children as often as possible and since he can not afford to fly out there, he begged her (after she got his tax return) to pay for the tickets at least one way.  She denied and tells his children that their dad does not want to see them.  Dad can't afford to!! We send little packages every month when we can afford it just to let them know that we are thinking about them.  The whole system is a joke.  It should be evaluated case by case.  But let me tell ya one thing; if you were in Riverside County and in Ca. you would have that support set so fast and so high, you would be set for life!

Genie

how did you find this one?

Anyways, yes it is easy to get a modification done.  Actually in my state it still takes @ 6 mos for a modification if you file through the state and don't go to court for it.  Then it takes a month to get the new garnishment to the employer so it is not a fast process in IL as it may be in CA.

However that is totally different than trying to collect from someone who refuses to pay.  You can get your raised amount but you can't collect it from someone who dodges the system to not pay at all. Riverside CA may order the CS fast but do they actually do anything to collect it when the other parent refuses to pay it and dodges like a pro?

So it does go both ways.  As for the amount your H has to pay, he must make a very nice salary to pay $2200 a month.  And I mean big salary. Doesn't seem right.  But I don't know how anyone needs that amount to support children with.  Shoot I would be happy with the $290/mos I was ordered to get.  That would help tons!!!