Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 03:42:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PLEASE HELP (BF) WITHOUT CUSTODY OR VISITATION…

Started by mOe_Leezy, Nov 01, 2005, 08:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mOe_Leezy

My wife and I split up; and while we were apart, she dropped my daughter and stepson off at a caretaker's house for two weeks.  The caretaker called Social Services and they put the kids in foster care for neglect.  This all took place on or about the summer of 1995; which custody was then awarded to the maternal aunt (my spouse's half-sister) to reside in California.  At that time I was stationed in North Carolina (Camp Lejeune) doing my best to keep in touch with my daughter, paying the ordered child support, sending gifts on every possible occasion to both my stepson and daughter.

It is now 2005, I am now re-married and being a father to my wife's children.  We  are now stationed an hour and a half away from my daughter, and the only visitation that I have per the court order is supervised visitation with the maternal aunt's presence.  What I'm asking is what can I do to try and get this 10 year order modified so that I may be able to establish a more stable relationship with my daughter?  What am I entitled to?  Every weekend, every other weekend, holidays, or what?  Money is an issue, are there any recommendations as to whom to hire, or better yet what I can possibly do?  Any information will be greatly appreciated.

ocean

You need to ask to modify your visitation. You can do it if you want and if it gets hairy then you can hire a lawyer. Where are your court papers orginally from? You need to go to where your orders were and ask for a modification at that court house. If it is not CA, you can petition CA to take control since everybody is living in CA now. Good luck!

gipsy

I believe the court will wonder why it's been ten years , However If you file for a modification You Should get it , Post this On Socrateasers board < I believe He is an atty .He will give you legal advice . He is direct and to the point !And doesn't waste time with it