Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:14:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm curious......why shouldn't women be drafted too?

Started by Brent, Jan 03, 2004, 02:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StPaulieGirl

For example, an effort was made to reunite the females in our outfit with their husbands that were serving in different units to celebrate Thanksgiving together. The result was that 3 females evacuated due to pregnancy following these "conjugal visits". Furthermore, one of the girl Sgts decided to cash in on her gender and amassed quite a sum of money in her off hours.

[p] The pregnancy rate is pretty high, from what I hear.  You just can't put guys and gals in such close contact for long time periods.  Nature happens.

[p]Can you imagine being in a Hummer on a cross country ride in the middle of the desert and it comes time for a potty break? There are no bushes, trees, rocks, just miles and miles of sand. The female has to go #2 and refuses to go behind a sand dune because there might be somebody watching from a distant dune.

[p]Exactly!  It brings back memories of my first case of poison ivy.  The campground outhouses were trashed, so I took myself and the girls behind this nice full bush, because I didn't want anyone to see us.  Guess what the bush was?????

[p]Even when I was 18, I don't think I could ever lift 125 lbs and I wasn't that tiny and delicate, in fact I was a tomboy.  Climbing 12 ft high chain link fences very quickly because the yard duty lady was after us, doing windsprints down alleys because the cops spotted us ditching school.  Stealth TP raids, carried out in complete silence and efficiency. Hiding in dumpsters, and crawling through storm drains.  It still wasn't Camp Lejuene, though ;-)

MKx2

HARDLY!  I couldn't agree with you more!

A real disservice has been doen to society by all forms of media -- in the name of the almighty dollar.

Just MHO, though.

tryn2begooddad

SPG,

I won't disagree that maybe women should not be in the forefront of the combat lines. But until the "equal rights" movement dies down I think this argument will continue to exist and the problems will continue to occur.

Rakkasan

... that if a man were to get a sunburn so severe that he could not carry his pack he could be court martialed for "rendering himself unfit for duty" of course if a women gets pregnant not just on active duty, but on active duty in a combat zone she is evacuated and given full medical benefits and allowed to return to active duty after the baby is delivered (this occured with the daughter of a friend).

As I have said before the problem with women in this society is that unlike men there are no consequences for their actions. In grade school if a boy shoots off his mouth he will get the $#%& beat out of him after school, if a girl does the same excuses are made, "she's fiesty or isn't that cute how vocal she is?"  Now we have hordes of women who make false accusations of spousal abuse, child abuse and child sexual abuse  as a means of gaining a tactical advantage in child custody cases with no fear of punishment.

I better not get started......

Davy

In an effort to help with an understanding of why everything has to be so equal I am going to submit that Brent asked the wrong question.  The question today should be "Why shouldn't women be the only ones forced into involuntary servitude into armed combat ?".  

I think the best medicine for "our country" to cure all the social ills would be to have ALL feminazi combat troops by FORCE.  Don't you really think feminists have had it too good for too long ?  It would pretty much cut down the noise about women in the military and the effect it has on the real combat soldiers (as we know it) in the zone.  More over the tough talking women could have a dose of reality and then be able to walk the talk and talk the walk when it comes to matters of the draft, combat and such.  Us guys could just kick back and raise OUR kids after making up lies and getting all theatrical with the judge so he would wipe our tears away with their check books and we could do anything we wanted with OUR kids with the court's promotion and approval.  Sounds EQUAL to me !!!   Perhaps equality could spread to the civil/criminal courts, the schools, the workplace, the church, and the home.

MK...sweetie pie honey buns .. you know this 'polite' vent is not directed at you personally.  I applaud your request for an 'understanding'.  I have the same request and wonder what we are fighting for especially when thinking of 'The Wall' or sitting in the lobby of a VA hospital.

PS ..For those that know..the mindset and requirements of a combat soldier are a man thing and we should all respect and honor those that are lead there or find themselves there.

MKx2

may I merely add a heartfelt "AMEN!" to your post, as well as a sincere thank you for thinking of me and my VERY obvious nature of wearing my heart on my sleeve at all times.

StPaulieGirl

... that if a man were to get a sunburn so severe that he could not carry his pack he could be court martialed for "rendering himself unfit for duty"

[p]I thought they could nail you for damaging government property if you got a bad sunburn.

[p]Well, all we can do is hold our girls as accountable as their brothers for bad behavior.  You raise a little liar, and what you end up with is a psychopath who lies to cover up their inadequencies, and to get revenge.  I don't see why parents don't step in to discipline their adult kids when the lies start flying....unless they themselves are just as dysfunctional as their offspring.

That's ok, I have a few things to say about that subject myself...

StPaulieGirl

"Why shouldn't women be the only ones forced into involuntary servitude into armed combat ?".

[p]The discussion, as far as I know is whether women should be made to register for selective service when they turn 18, like their male brethren.

[p]Our country's security is more important than one man's vengence.  You can't "force" anyone to serve their country.  That is called conscription.  think about it Davy...the last people you want to watch your back are feminazis.  Lord, I can't hit the broad side of a barn, but I'll sure do my best to watch your back.  I wouldn't trust a feminist as far as I can throw her/him/it.

[p]You're simply confusing women in combat with dealing with ex wives/husbands in family court.  There isn't really any comparison.

[p]Have a nice day....

Davy

Yike !  There's a huge difference between registering for Selective Service and being drafted.  Registration is when a young man is required by law to sign his name to a post card size document.  Being drafted is when you receive a letter that says "Greetings"  "Congratulations you have been selected (forced) to have your ass on a bus at 5:30 A.M. to report for induction into this man's Army (or Marines).  Then a DI fresh back from a 'skirmish' says all you swingin dicks get down and give me 20 or you don't look like a dying cockroach to me .. die cockroach die.  After a while you get to go kill other people you don't know or they will kill you for some unknown reason.  And yes I did say 'get' ... increases your chances of coming home.

I'm am NOT confused about women in combat and dealing with ex-wifes in family court ... two separate enemys and combat zones.

StPaulieGirl

The whole point of your post is.....?

Yes TI's and DI's are a different breed of cat.