Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:34:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm curious......why shouldn't women be drafted too?

Started by Brent, Jan 03, 2004, 02:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutsdad

Dad served in Korea and 2 tours in 'Nam.

LOL, as far as french expansionism,, go back further in history....there you find the french in competition with primarily the british for land grabs. But,, no doubt about it,, they could'nt organize a gang a horny sailors in a whorehouse.

As far as the outline of military service you outline,, THAT I could see and in fact is similar to the Isreali service.

StPaulieGirl

My former father in law served in Korea.  I know next to nothing about Korea.  I became interested in WWII because that's when my dad served.  He was 35 and 4F because of defective arches in his feet.  Being a first generation American, my dad wanted to give back to his country.  A sargent at an Army recruitment center enlisted him despite his age and feet. Lol, that sounds funny!  I don't know how my dad got through boot camp, but he ended up in France and Europe.  I still have "beer chits" from Switzerland and Germany, among other things.  I didn't find this stuff until my dad passed away in '96 at age 87 from cancer.  He was 50 when I came along.  We watched World at War, and Victory at Sea every Sunday afternoon.  

This might go towards explaining why I tend to get belligerent when the hippies stand on their hind legs and bark.

German army joke:  French tanks have 13 gears.  One forward, and 12 reverse.

In light of the new "guest worker program", I think that we need to protect our citizens against the coming onslaught.  We are not obligated to pay for our kids college expenses, but by God we can make sure they have employment opportunites.  Since the government is pissing away all our tax dollars on stupid programs, let's educate our kids and teach them some responsibility with tax dollars.  Yeah right...

georgeburns

Peanutsdad

Hey nitwit,,

Look at the dates on this thread. I THINK its been replied unto the thread grave..look for a fresher corpse to pounce on.

lucky

Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

Brent

George is one of these sad little cranks that has trouble with complex concepts like dates. As evidenced by his comment, he has very little of value to say.

Hey george- wasn't it soooooo funny the way your hero president Bush was making jokes about not finding any WMDs? Did you see that?

I bet it was a real hoot to the 500+ dead American soldiers andf their families. Why, I'm still laughing! Clearly it was worth killing over 500 Americans so good old George Bush could make jokes at your expense.

And since you worship George Bush junior so much, ask yourself this: Would George Bush junior be president if his father hadn't?

lololol, yeah, I didn't think so either.