Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 17, 2024, 05:09:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

how do you fight the kids?

Started by battleofthekids, Nov 09, 2005, 11:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

battleofthekids

I am the step-mom. My husband and I are facing a great dilema. He has two kids one 5 year old girl and a 12 year old boy. The custody was given without a fight to her because she was making serious issues and scared my husband away. She is a nut job! In the last year the boy has been on probation for shooting windows out of a school with a bb gun and this year has just been expelled for 45days from 6th grade for pulling a knife out at school and threatening a boy with it. I also have to say he wants to be a ganster and has had missing and failing assignments. He has had all D's and F's. Here is the kicker, He wants to live there, not with us. He barely even likes to stay here on the weekends and it goes the same for the little girl. She is doing good in school though. They (mainly the boy) know that things would be like they are supposed to be here. He has even been running the streets as told to us by his two teachers and principle. How do you fight the kids and the mom for custody if it means it will be better for the child?