Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 06:37:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Woman Suing Ex-Husband For Divorcing Her In Secret

Started by Brent, Jan 05, 2006, 08:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

Woman Suing Ex-Husband For Divorcing Her In Secret

SANFORD, Fla. -- Sally Erickson and Renzie Davidson thought they had the secret to marital bliss. But the eccentric list of demands outlined in their prenuptial agreement, which included mandatory backrubs and a $5 fee for nagging, still couldn't save their marriage.

Before saying 'I do' in 2001, the Florida couple agreed to a quirky prenuptial agreement. Erickson, a mental-health counselor, promised to cook breakfast a minimum of three times during the weekdays, and once on the weekends, according to the document.

"In return, Davidson will not wake Sally up on her 'off days,"' the document said.

The agreement also required Davidson to rub Sally's back three times a week for five minutes. If Sally used the "F" word, she was sentenced one hour of yard work. Davidson had to pay $5 each time he complained, nagged or made "a fuss about Sally's expenditures ..."

Despite their carefully laid plans, Davidson decided to call it quits 3 1/2 months into the marriage. Erickson was served notice of the divorce suit six days later, which she acknowledges, but she says in court pleadings that Davidson then intentionally misled her, saying he had dropped the whole thing.

Davidson apparently had a change of heart for a while and the case stalled for 1 1/2 years. Then, in February 2003, he asked for a default judgment in his favor and got it.

Court documents show Erickson was absent. She claims she never even knew about the divorce.

Davidson has not contested Erickson's claim. Last month, serving as his own attorney, he filed paperwork asking the judge to throw out the divorce.

http://www.wftv.com/irresistible/5845398/detail.html

BelleMere

This is more or less how my DH's divorce happened (without the wacky prenup tho) but in terms of time passing and then getting a default judgment. I hope she doesn't win the suit - it's ridiculous - she had a responsibility to take care of her legal end, and she didn't.