Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:56:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

It is possible to do it on your own....THANKS

Started by KidzRgreat, Feb 24, 2006, 07:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KidzRgreat

First post but long time reader.

Thank you so much to this site for all of the helpful information and regular posters who volunteer good, concise information. You guys made it possible for us to modify a parenting plan without attorneys or court.

I used one of the parenting plans from this site and modified it to our situtation and presented it to mom last week. I told her that we could either do this between the 2 of us for free or she could go hire an attorney but I was doing it Pro Se so either way it wasn't going to cost me squat. The proposal I gave her looked very professional and covered everything possible, even more than what attorneys put together during the divorce.

She is agreeing to almost all of it and we are NOT going to court. I am going from an EOW dad to 50/50 and I am ecstatic. Nothing is finalized or signed yet but she seems resigned to it and said she could not afford to go to court so it would be best this way.

Our divorce and fight over the kids was very expensive and contenious so I never thought she would agree to this but she did.

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH. I truly do not think I could have done it without all the help that is offered on this site.

MixedBag

when you put your kids first and stop filtering your decisions through your hatred for the EX...

Good luck and best wishes to your children!

Bradley

where did you get the example for 50/50 at?

KidzRgreat

I used this one

http://deltabravo.net/custody/pplan8.php

Like I said I changed it to fit our needs and situation and put in that the exchanges would be every Friday at 5:30pm. I also added the caption and case # from the original divorce so it is ready for signatures, notary and filing.

Good luck......

msme

Posts like your success story are so encouraging to those who are hard pressed to find the drive to fight on.

Continued blessings & good luck to you & your family.
You never get a second chance to make a first impression!