S.P.A.R.C.

Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: where to file  (Read 987 times)

bmw_m3

• New Arrival
    • View Profile
where to file
« on: Jan 28, 2006, 05:59:02 PM »
Hey all!! My divorce was in Utah, I now live in North Carolina and she lives in Arizona...where do I go to file for more visitation with my son?
Thanks,
Jeremy

mishelle2

• View Profile
RE: where to file
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2006, 09:32:28 PM »
If she has lived in Arizona longer than 6 months you file there, if not you file in Utah, if that is where she moved from.

bmw_m3

• New Arrival
    • View Profile
RE: where to file..its HAS been longer than 6 months
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2006, 09:39:27 PM »
It has been longer than 6 months. Do I have to put in a change of venue or just file there? And Do I have to get a lawyer from Arizona?

mishelle2

• View Profile
RE: where to file..its HAS been longer than 6 months
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2006, 11:09:02 AM »
post your ??'s on socrateasers board.. he'll help you..

Davy

• View Profile
RE: where to file
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2006, 11:52:16 AM »
Please consider that interstate custody matters can be complicated and there could be factors with considerable weight other than 6 month residency.  

Does the UT court order address removal issue ?  How many jurisdictions has the child resided since departing UT ?.  What if Az. finds cause to reject jurisdiction ?  There are many considerations.

Poster did not provide enough info. to illicit adequate responses.  

Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.