Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 06:05:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A question of opinion for all...

Started by ilovemysd, Feb 16, 2006, 11:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovemysd

Imagine a female child who visits her father in a suburban apartment high rise apartment complex.  There are security cameras in the lobby and a doorman on duty from 9am-6pm daily.  There are laundry facilities on the first floor, adjacent to the lobby. There are 228 units in the building, and approximately 50-75 people in the building who know and are known to the child by sight, including obviously both of the doormen. At what age do you deem the child capable of riding the elevator to the lobby to do her laundry, a chore which she loves (weird child).

Riddle me Batman...

Sunshine1

Depending on maturity level, but I would safely let a 12-13 yr old go by herself to do laundry alone.  I have a very mature 9 year old and there si absolutely no way I would let him go by himself.  I barely let him ride his bike on the road. :)

sherrie ohio

I agree,a nine year old isnt old enufe to be going by their selves.You may see those people in your building as harmless,but you never know who is a pervert in hideing!Also there could be someone in your building to, that thinks she's to young and turn you in.

wendl

I would say at 11 depending on the maturity of the child.

Even though it may be safe, I would rather be safe than sorry.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**