Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:59:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

desperate for encouragement

Started by brock.jens, Feb 19, 2006, 05:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil527

Definately record any and all conversations with DFCS and any other county, state, whatever officials. Record everything you possibly can. I've had police officers tell me I had to stop videotaping my husband's exwife - she had called the police and was denying visitation - so I put the camera down, but still kept recording sound. My experience with DFCS has been that they rarely tell you all of your rights, they have a tendency to just tell the information they want you to know. Don't ever stop fighting, and don't ever admit to anything you haven't done.  

brock.jens

Here is the problem with my atty. she has only passed the bar not even one year ago. I am convinced that she is not competent, and even if she were she has been for the most part unreachable. I leave msgs at her office and when I get a phone call back she does'nt pay any attn. we have a trial coming up in less than two weeks. she has said that she has a investigator working on my case (interviewing witnesses and such) only he hasnt called any of them.
are there procedures to firing a court appointed atty. or am i stuck with her??
thank you

BelleMere

But I wouldn't take on this case without an atty, so you also must decide how much you can afford to handle this and get someone quickly to file with the court that they are representing you on this. Retainers run between $2K and $5K. Being green doesn't mean she is bad, but court appt'd attys are overworked and paid about $25/hr, so no one gets the attention they need or deserve.