Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:19:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Need Advice

Started by delajc, Mar 04, 2006, 04:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delajc

I have 2 kids(16, 14) with this woman. She moved to Texas and kept my son and i  kept my daughter. During this time we switched during the summer when school was out and when it started back up my son went back to her and my daughter came back to me. Now she moved back here to michigan to live. So my daughter(16) asked me to stay with her mom so i said no problem. Well now my daughter has quit school and is now pregnant and the mother wont tell me by who or where is she staying. I know she is not staying with her because my son (14) told me this. My son also told me that at the mothers apartment there is 6 people that live in there 1 bedroom apartment.  Now the mother wants to take me to court for child support for my son only. She said she went only to get it for my son not my daughter. What should I do.  

ocean

Where does your son want to live? It does not sound like a healthy environment but unless your son wants to live with you it will be hard. As for the child support, she is right if son is living with her. (and you are lucky because she could probably make a case for daughter due to her age) Since she quit school and is not living at home that does go in your favor. Does son talk to daughter? Next time son see his sister, send her a card and let her know that you know of the situation and would like to talk to her. Once you get to her one time, then your ex is out of the picture. Good luck!

delajc

i just had my son with me this weekend. i asked him about my daughter and he said she doesnt even live with them. she lives with her boyfriend and now she is pregnant. he dont want to tell me where she lives because his mom told him not to tell me. my son wants to live with me but his mom said he cant. his mother is pregnant again ( 7th child by 6th different father).

reellis527

I think you should ask the courts for soel physical custody of both kids.  How did your daughter end up in the situation she is in?  Obviously there is no parenting going on on your exes end.  That's ridiculous and if you document right then I think any judge would award you custody.  I also believe that your daughter might fight you having custody because obviously she gets to do what she wants at moms house.  Make that known to the courts that of course the daugher would prefer a carefree parent.  Hire a lawyer if you can afford one....