Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:16:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Those pesky, interfering men....

Started by Brent, Jan 07, 2004, 09:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

Another "meddling" boyfriend.

MAN SAVES BABY LEFT TO DIE IN TOILET

By JEANE MacINTOSH and DON MURRAY

January 6, 2004 -- A New Jersey woman gave birth into a toilet, then put down the lid and left her newborn daughter in the bowl to die - but her boyfriend rescued the infant, authorities said.

The premature 3-pound, 2-ounce baby lay in the water for about 30 minutes after her birth in the bathroom of her mother's apartment Saturday, but her head was not submerged, Camden County prosecutor Vincent Sarubbi said.

The child, whose body temperature had dropped to about 82 degrees, is expected to survive, he said.

The mother, Denise Marie Winner, of Mount Ephraim, was charged with attempted murder and child endangerment.Conviction could mean up to 30 years in prison.

According to the prosecutor, Winner, 42, who has two other children, hid her pregnancy from friends and relatives, including her live-in boyfriend, Anthony Patterino.

Patterino, who saved the baby after hearing muffled cries from the bathroom, told Philadelphia's WPVI-TV that Winner thought she had a miscarriage.

He said the charges against her were "bogus."

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/44497.htm

MKx2

"He said the charges against her were 'bogus'."

Well, he saved the baby, but BOGUS??????

What the heck ELSE would she be charged with?  She left the infant in the commode?  Dear God!  How horrifying and disgusting!

Peanutsdad

Here's a true story:

Last year, a woman came out of the womens bathroom saying she heard something moving in the bathroom trashcan, and that there was blood all over the bathroom. Our police officers went into the womens bathroom, and came out moments later with an obviously newborn child that had been wrapped in trash and buried at the bottom of the can.

We rushed the child to one of our trauma bays, cleaned her up, and ascertained it was a full term female child.

The mother, was found later and admitted she had hid her pregnancy (22 yrs old and fat as hell), came to the hospital, gave birth and threw the child in the trash after attempting to cram used sanitary napkins in the childs mouth in an attempt to suffocate her. ( yes we did in fact remove one from her mouth).

This 22 yr old animal later SUED to get the child back, AND WON. She was never charged with any crime, so the great state of Texas decided there was no harm to the child, despite testomony from all who cared for that newborn.

Indigo Mom

You're kidding?  My gawd!!!!!!  I can't believe she won custody of her child!!!!!!!!!!  Insane!!!

I've always said that Texas was a whole 'nuther country...now I realize it's true!

sick sick sick!!!!!