Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 07:07:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nightmare situation Need input ASAP

Started by doright, Mar 30, 2006, 08:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doright

This is the deal:  There is a coupe I know. Both are in a second marriage. His XW and her XH have found each other on blogs/phone.  the XW has offered to give the XH all the guys financial information she got when they did their child support.

He's afraid of the XH using his social security for fraud purposes.  Can he do anything to stop this?

Kent

Yes,

That will keep you protected, and you know instantly when someone is messing with your SSN.

Kent!

BelleMere

And to what end would she do it? Is the state one where a spouse's income is included in CS calculations?

What I would do is two fold - I'd call the local sheriff and/or police and ask them for their advice based on the knowledge at hand. I would also, if the informant is reliable, send a certified letter to the XW informing her that she does not have permission to share any of his finanical information with anyone other than the court, and then only at the court's request. And THEN I would start taking advantage of the free credit reporting agencies - ask for one credit report once every three months. Alternatively for $65 a year you can sign up with a company called Privacy Guard which will send you notices of activitiy on your credit report quarterly. It's worth it - we do it b/c it took so long to sort out the damage BM did to my DH's credit. And after that, I would just relax and take care of items when they arise. Fraud is illegal and in a way it might be better for him to do something and you to catch it instead of panicking now over what *might* happen.