Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 06:38:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Desperate!!! Think the media is our next step. Pleeeez help

Started by kels, Apr 02, 2006, 06:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kels

DH and I are custodial to his kids. BM is a worthless piece of sh*t who has seldom called, visited, never given gifts, etc...

For the past year she and her *unt attorney have filed motion after motion to have her child support lowered under the pretense of wanting visitation.
She has gone from a high paying job to lower paying jobs over and over and immediately gone back to the higher paying job.

The last time she filed she had quit working all together. The commissioner (the hearing before actually seeing the judge) found her in contempt of non payment and being under employed. She hadn't paid her current support and she hadn't paid anything towards her $5000+ arrearage.

At the hearing before the judge, he did not find her in contempt and gave her enough of a reduction that it made up for all but $120 of the current support she hadn't paid since filing for a reduction the last time.

This is the same judge that told DH he NEVER bases a ruling on gender.
He damn well did.
Even if she had been due a reduction, anything she had over paid could have gone to reduce the $5000+ arrearage she owes.

Who can we contact? Where do we start?
Our attorney filed a motion to reconsider but who knows what will happen. I have my doubts about it changing.

DH is forced to drive half way to meet her for visitation now but that will end any time. She isn't interested in visitation. It's just a temporary farce. DH is forced to do that but she isn't even being required to pay support at this time.

HELLLLLP please