Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 07:06:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

...I need some help somehow...

Started by jparrish4376, Apr 11, 2006, 08:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jparrish4376

I was married for 7 years, I was the primary caretaker of the children..I played music in the evenings to help with money. Now I moved out and shes had the kids for 7 months...supposedly she filed but I haven't been served and legal aid won't help me they said they dont take these "types" of cases. I am giving her at the very least 60% of my pay every week for child support. She spends no time with the 4 kids and won't hardly let them see me. They are sick all the time and stressed out. I need help I have no money and no education...Anyone have any advice?

ocean

HI,
What state are you in? There are child support calculators on the web that you can figure out around how much you should be sending her. Is the child support court ordered now? Do you have anything through the courts now regarding custody/visitation?

b1798

Go to your courthouse and file, if she hasnt you will have the upper hand...dont tell her suprise her. You should always ask for more and use it as a bargaining tool during the process. You should have a lawyer but you can do more by educating yourself. Study your state laws and ask around. If you file first for sole custody you may not get it but the judge will definatley set up regular visitation. Rule of tumb  federal law says you dont have to pay more than 50% of your paycheck so get on your state guidelines and calculate it out. The judge is going to order mediation and such, so again ask for a lot and here is your chance to negotiate.