Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 05:16:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I jokingly told you I was the poster child for PAS'd daugters

Started by 4honor, Apr 19, 2006, 10:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4honor

I am being interviewed for a radio broadcast on April 25th - Parental Alienation Awareness day.

I am one of the few who is talking that has come out the other end -- only took 25 years! DOH!

It won't be live, so I won't sound like a total doof.

Send prayers my way, Wish me luck. Tink happy tawts, whatever.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

MixedBag

good for you and for all those affected by it.....people gotta learn about this form of emotional abuse!

stepmomfor2

Thanks so much for doing the radio broadcast!  No matter that it won't be live; you are educating the public about a very real problem for children living in the stepfamily life, and for that I thank you!  Before I knew about PAS/HAP, BM carried it on constantly, blantantly, and shamelessly.  When the skids returned from visitation with BM, they would relay terrible stories that BM told them, and it caused a lot of confusion and crying, especially from the younger one.  

I was ignorant of what BM was doing; I just know we had constant turmoil and endless drama.  I did my best without understanding what BM was doing.  I would wipe SS's tears and tell him his heart is big enough to love lots of people...you know you love BM and SF, named SF kids, DH and me, sister, grandparents, best friend.  Then I said, see, your heart can love all of us.  I told both skids the story of my mother growing up in a family of 11 and how our hearts are big enough to handle loving all those people.  (BM told SS he could not love us, he could only love her because she loves him so much more than we ever could, etc, etc.)  PAS/HAP is so devastating and abnormal, it needs to be in the open so we can be aware.  When I came on board, I couldn't imagine there would be any problems with BM; I was careful to cooperate with everything BM demanded(!), spent a lot of time trying to figure BM out, trying to cope with her treatment of us; bizarre behavior, constant drama, sick lies and stupid stories to the skids.  Now, I have some knowledge of what is going on, and hopefully I can be more help to the skids when BM "freaks them out".

Let us know how it went!

msme

Way to go 4H. We are dealing with it big time, here. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending how you look at it, it is only on one child. pbfh is filling my DGD's head with trash, every chance she gets. Yet she has made no contact with the boys.

They know she is contacting their sister because pbfh told her that she was going to the boys baseball games, so she told them that "mom" would be there. Then the $!tch didn't show up.

DGD is being pas"d & DGS's are being forced to deal with apparent total rejection. DGS's haven't seen or spoken to her in nearly a year & a half, while DGD is seeing her more & more at her softball games.

It is really tearing gr8dad up. Please pray for them.

I know you will do a great job 4H & give a voice to so many people. Thank you for sharing your painful past to help others.

Good luck & God bless.
You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

wendl

4 how did it go???

Is is going to be played locally??

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

4honor

on krights radio.

When I did the interview, Richard read part of my letter and then asked me questions. I  was only one of several and I do not know what parts actually made the air.

They asked me if I was willing to speak on PAS again (considering I have been child of it and on the receiving end of it with SS). I am open to that, as more people should be educated as to these alienating behaviors and how much damage they do to children.

My last phrase on the recording was that I felt like I was used as a tool ... That I was thrown under the "revenge train" in an effort to derail my father. That I hoped in telling my story that I might get through to people and keep any other children from being collateral damage in the war against their other parent.

When I was done. I heard Richard talking in the background to the guys in the booth. He said "the tissues are to the left."

I asked if someone spilled? He said, only a few tears. I guess it went well.

A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.