Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 19, 2024, 01:01:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

If there are any of the old timers out there...

Started by Rakkasan, May 24, 2006, 05:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

Rak,

there really is so much they can do now.  My dad was diagnosed two years ago with cancer...and he had surgery.  He didnt even need chemo....

but, that initial word "cancer' felt so devastating....I remember going to the beach the week I heard.....I sat on the balcony as my family slept and just cried and cried.  years ago, that word had a right to its terror....But, cancer is not the devastation it once was....My dad was scared for along time after....but with each check up is more proof that he beat it.....

I will pray for you....

janM

Get a good pair of hiking boots!

All the best to you.

ps...nice to see all the old-timers coming out of the woodwork. Let's chat sometime!

dsm

I agree - it is nice to see people poking out of the darkness....

I stopped in the chatroom a couple of times last week.....maybe it was the time of day, but it seemed so quiet.  And it made me think back to when we had sometimes 30 or 40 people in there....was definitely my rock for awhile and a group that helped me and DH through some rough times.

==============================================================================

dsm - 35; DH - 39; SD - 16; LO - 10; BB - 3
------------------
3 Cheap Entertainment cats - Sam,  Snoop & Dagger
------------------
Live, Love, and Laugh
dsm - 44
DH - 48
SD - 26
LO - 19
BB - 12
1 demon who provides cheap entertainment of the fluffy and furry kind.

My mantra - it's time for me to do for me and mine so we can live in the present and not fret about the past nor worry about the future.  What is, is

Kitty C.

Tho I'm not here often, something told me I needed to check today....

Rak, my thoughts and prayers are with you.  I work for a university that has one of the top cancer centers in the nation..........I've seen first hand the advances they have made.  You have a wonderful advantage in working for a pharmaceutical company that specializes in cancer medications, too.  What a grace from God!  Please let us know how you're doing...........we're all hear for you!  :-)
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

backwardsbike

I am sorry to hear your new, RAK.  I remeber you well from when I first found this board about four years ago.

You and your family are in my prayers.  I wish you well.

lucky

I am so sorry to hear your news Rak.  You are in my thoughts & prayers.

[em]Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

MYSONSDAD

This may be a small comfort, have an aunt who just dealt with the lung and in her back. Complete success in her lung, still waiting word on her back. The doctors seem hopeful.

So much progress has been made in the medical field, but still scares the hell out of ya. You got friends here when you need them!

Keep us posted....

"Children learn what they live"

msme

Rak, Everyone knows you well. Those who don't , have missed the opportunity of a lifetime. My prayers are with you & Parkman. I will pass the word on to gr8Dad & family. Lots of prayers headed your way.

Don't be such a stranger. Keep us posted.
Good Luck & God bless you both.
You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

Rakkasan

I finished 10 days of radiation on the right shoulder this week.   This went very well, a little sunburn like reaction, but no major pain or discomfort.   Although the shoulder still hurts some, this I was told  is normal because of the amount of damage done to the bone, I can tell that the tumor in the shoulder diminished in size and I am receiving some mediciation that is designed to rebuild the bone mass.

I was running a fever for the past couple of weeks and they had to delay placing the Port-a-cath, but it was finally accomplished Monday morning and I began 3 consecutive days of chemotherapy on Tuesday.  The good news is that there was no hurling or nausea at all.  The only side effect was that for about 2 hours after treatment, every time I would stand I would get chilled and shake violently.   I quickly learned to stay seated for at least 2 hours after each treatment.  :)   I may be old and slow, but I ain't totally stupid.  hehehe.

Now I wait for a couple of weeks and begin blood tests and then another round of Chemo.

That is all so far.   Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts.

MixedBag

Prayers headed your way!