Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 19, 2024, 12:31:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

If there are any of the old timers out there...

Started by Rakkasan, May 24, 2006, 05:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakkasan

...who might remember me.  

I thought I would touch base with this site since it has always been like a second family to me.  

I found out last week that I have cancer in my left lung and it has spread to my right shoulder.   I have no idea at this point how bad it really is, what type of cancer or chances or survival.   I do have ral good health insurance, the company I work for actually makes alot of cancer drugs and anti-side effect drugs all of which will be available to me free of charge if the doctors decide to use them in my treatment.  

I go to see two oncologist on June 2nd who will lay out a treatment plan that will surely consist of Chemo and radiation therapy.  

Wish me luck

smtotwo

oh   Rak   I'm so sorry    
You will be in my prayers.

stepmom 2 two

patton

Rak, so sorry hear about your illness.  There is so much more out there now for cancer.  Better protocols and cures everyday.  Our prayers are with you.

Take care

Kent

Rak,

I am so sorry to hear this. I will keep you in my prayers.

Did you tell Parkman? How is he doing with all this?
Call me if you need to talk. Cell # is still the same (lost your's unfortunately).

Kent!

Rakkasan

Parkman does not know because I have not been able to have contact with him since July 2003.   We had a motion pending on medical reimbursement issues, but it has been withdrawn citing health problems.  So the EX knows I have health problems but she does not have any specifics.

FatherTime

I'll be praying and thinking of you.  I don't think that we've conversed much, but I've seen your posts and they are always informative and supportive.  

Here's a simple and well know prayer that I hope will help you in dealing with your new struggle.  

Serenity Prayer
Reinhold Niebuhr

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Although known most widely in its abbreviated form,
above, the entire prayer reads as follows:

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
enjoying one moment at a time,
accepting hardship as the pathway to peace;
taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it;
trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His will;
that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
and supremely happy with Him forever
in the next.
Amen

determined

As is so typical for me, I have no wisdom to offer, but my prayers are with you.

MixedBag

dsm

Well wishes coming your way and please keep us old-timers updated!!!!

You're in my thoughts and prayers!

==============================================================================

dsm - 35; DH - 39; SD - 16; LO - 10; BB - 3
------------------
3 Cheap Entertainment cats - Sam,  Snoop & Dagger
------------------
Live, Love, and Laugh
dsm - 44
DH - 48
SD - 26
LO - 19
BB - 12
1 demon who provides cheap entertainment of the fluffy and furry kind.

My mantra - it's time for me to do for me and mine so we can live in the present and not fret about the past nor worry about the future.  What is, is

4honor

You know my prayers are with you. I would also like to encourage you to put aside any hard feelings you have had for God because of your ex and her family.

Honey, if there is anything I can do (send my RN friend Dawn to nurse you back to health?) you let me know.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.