Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:19:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

moving agian, and again

Started by dealin with it, May 30, 2006, 08:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dealin with it

My ex- girlfriend, and I have been broke up for about 1 1/2 yrs. She moved 270mi away with my daughter. Since then she has gone to jail for domestic violence, and I have also called the police because of what I heard in the background while talking to my daughter on the phone. This past x-mas I went down to pick up my daughter, and the ex told me that he did it again. I told her that our daughter will not live there again. She (ex) then moved back here, and lived with her mother. Come January daughters grandma was to pick her up for church, but the ex showed up un announced, and illegally entered my home, and started arguing with me. I told her to leave several times, but with no avail. I then ad to forcefully remove her from my house. She punched me in the neck several times, but I finally got her out of the house and call the cops. I didn't press charges because I didn't want our daughter to see her mother in handcuffs. After this incident she moved back with her boyfriend with our daughter. A month later he did it again. She then moved in with her ex husbands father. I had no problem with that. He's a real nice person. She then came back up here to clean some summer homes for like 2 mos. She left to go back downstate last week. I figured she was goin back  her ex husbands fathers, but she went back to her boyfriends. She says they are getting married, and that she's moving back with him now.

What options do I have? My daughter is confused, and I just don't know what to do.

IceMountain

I'm confused, what exactly did the ex's boyfriend do?  You just refer to it as 'it'.  What type of custody do you have?

dealin with it

>I'm confused, what exactly did the ex's boyfriend do?  You
>just refer to it as 'it'.  What type of custody do you have?

Sorry. I should have been more specific. "It" is referring to physical, and verbal abuse.

We have joint legal custody, and she has physical custody. As for visitation, we ( ex, and I) make our own schedule, and have been doing so since December of '04.

I would also like to add that she has contaminated my parenting time several times. I have warned her every time.

Thanks

ps    This case is in Jackson county, Michigan

MYSONSDAD

Fathers & Families Submits Detailed Brief to Supreme Judicial Court Containing Research Data on Why Children Need Both Parents  
  May 31, 2006  

In a sixty-nine page brief authored by Ned Holstein, M.D., Fathers & Families opposed the bid of a parent who wished to move out of state with her two sons, leaving the father in Massachusetts. A decision in the case is pending.

The brief provides the Supreme Judicial Court with a detailed account of the research publications showing why children are harmed by moveaways. High among the causes of harm is the trauma caused by disrupting the child's relationship with the parent left behind. Many of the same arguments can be used to support shared parenting even when there is no moveaway.

The brief is available here. Readers should feel free to forward this material to their attorneys, or to use it themselves in arguing against moveaways, or in favor of shared parenting.

Dan Hogan
Fathers & Families

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[email protected]  

"Children learn what they live"

4honor

here:

http://www.fathersandfamilies.org/NEWS/AmicusBriefSJCMoveawayApril06FINAL.pdf?PHPSESSID=20d418d1fc065d185f92bbbafd5b79c2
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.