Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:25:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

DESPARATE HELP NEEDED!

Started by Quyrah, Jun 02, 2006, 01:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsm

Request for the next time that you are supposed to have your child and then if she says that she cannot afford it, you figure out a way to make the arrangements (plane, bus, train, etc) and take the time anyway.

Keep it all documented.  Good luck!
==============================================================================

dsm - 35; DH - 39; SD - 16; LO - 10; BB - 3
------------------
3 Cheap Entertainment cats - Sam,  Snoop & Dagger
------------------
Live, Love, and Laugh
dsm - 44
DH - 48
SD - 26
LO - 19
BB - 12
1 demon who provides cheap entertainment of the fluffy and furry kind.

My mantra - it's time for me to do for me and mine so we can live in the present and not fret about the past nor worry about the future.  What is, is

patton

I didn't read what everyone else said but the standard Texas court says  something to the effect if you live over 100 miles you have the option of seeing the child once a month with 14 days notice on your part OR if you live close enough then 1/3/5th weekends would apply or if you have the time and are rich enough, which I'm assuming you are not since you live so far out of state.

You should get alternate holidays.  Also the Texas order saysIF you are the CUSTODIAL parent (which I assume is your ex) then if SHE moves from the county after the rendition of the order, then the NCP picks up the child and the CP retrieves the child.  That's the standard order if you did not have special travel arrangements in the order.

So if pick up the child she is responsible for retrieving the child.  Now summer is different in the standard order.  NCP picks up and return child, if CP wants a couple of weekends it is the CP's responsibility to  pick up and return child the designated weeks CP has chosen.

A really good attorney to talk to in the Dallas area is B.J. Thompson, She does a super job and works with father's very well.  I've know two people that have used her.  One got custody.  The other got the child moved back from out of state and can only live in 2 counties in Texas now, unless she wants to forfeit her CP status.

Hope this helps some. PM me if you want my email or anything.

patton

I do live in Texas, not that county though, so anything I can look up or find out for you let me know.

I've succesfully filed contempts also when BM  had custody, so I've got the paperwork if I can help you with the wording or anything.

Quyrah

Thanks Patton

I appreciate your help and all of the encouraging comments.  I'm going to look back on what I do have documented, and am definitely going to write her a letter and send it certified.  It's just so hard to keep putting the child in the middle and I've tried not to by backing off when she keeps saying no, no, no.  But I realize that my child will grow up not knowing why I couldn't be in her life more.  I am not asking for the world just even a visit ever month or so would be nice.  So I'm going to take back out that journal I keep with everything in it and am going to sit down once she leaves back and send the mother a certified letter and see where I go from there.  

Thanks for all the encouragement & help guys/gals.

Q

Quyrah

Patton

Thanks again.  Yes in my order when we divorced and the papers were being drawn up for that, I specifically had it put in that one would pick up and the other drop off, whether less than or more than 100 miles.  So I did cover my bases there.

But I will keep your name in my handybook and if I need any further help, I'll email.  Thanks so much.