Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 08:10:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Yeeesh, I hate to even post this on ''Father's Issues'', but....

Started by Brent, Jan 08, 2004, 01:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

I want to say right off the bat that I do NOT agree with this kind of thinking. This is NOT going to help fathers in the slightest, it will only make real fathers advocacy groups look like dangerous whackos.

I saw this quote on another board (Divorcesource), and I was appalled, to say the least. The quote was allegedly made by "Eric" from "FIRM" (Fathers Integrity and Rights Movement"). It's been referenced on the Divorcesource boards repeatedly, although I couldn't find the original (which was on yet another message board). Here is the post:

--------------------------------------------------
Eric's response to the idea of killing (family court) judges:

"I think if it could be done, it would have a positive impact and radical change would begin to happen. Especially, if we would applaud the actions."

http://www.divorcesource.com/cgi-bin/wbb/fathers.pl?read=24314
--------------------------------------------------

It's a little hard to tell, but apparently he admits to making this statement.

Pardon me?? Killing judges will have a "positive impact"? And fathers rights groups should "applaud the actions"?

Like hell. Not on this planet, buddy.

Needless to say (and I'm damn sure that I speak for the admin here too), SPARC does NOT support this idea in the slightest. Call us wimps, but we don't condone murder, whether it goes under the name "political activism" or whatever. This is CRAZY. 100% unadulterated CRAZY.

If other groups or individuals want to make statements like this, that's their problem. I think the idea is insane and the poster should probably be investigated by the police.

This is the kind of statement that "Toxic Trish" or "Liz" (or whatever her name is) just loves to see- a "father's rights" person supporting the idea of killing judges.

Sorry, but that's not something we want to have anything to do with at all, no way, no how.

Kitty C.

'Eric' IS a wacko to the Nth degree.  As radical as they come.  I've seen some if his 'talent' on Dad's Divorce and he definitely is on the far left side of things.  Personally, he's the male equivalent of NOW, IMO.  Yes, that radical.

Doesn't make the statement any easier to read, tho.  And I'd also prefer to stay as far away from that as possible.........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Peanutsdad

That idea good ol Eric has is NOT political activism, its terrorism, plain and simple. It utilizes the exact same tools the terrorist uses to sway the masses....good old fashioned murder.

In todays political climate of homeland security, Eric may wish to curb his tongue a bit, simply because, should a family court judge be killed, I have zero doubt the FBI is coming after his lunitic ass as an accomplice.

jurroppi1

Although I agree with you on this 100% Brent, I have to say I find it totally amazing more judges haven't been murdered. This is especially true considering the penchant for abusive/aggresive behavior all men are consistently accused of, and with the way most men are treated in courts!

I think it goes to show that the feminist malarkey about all men being potentially physically abusive, is really just that. I mean, if all men were really that unable to control their "engrained penchant for physical aggression", then why haven't more judges, social workers, CS case workers, etc... been killed by us awful men?

Just a thought...

StPaulieGirl

but Eric better be ready for a visit from the FBI.  

We know SPARC doesn't support this kind of trash talking.  No one in their right mind would support Eric's views.

Divorcesource might want to have a word with Eric....

VeronicaGia

I'm definitely not condoning what Eric said, but.....how do I put this?.....

Is this another form of desperation men are exhibiting due to years and years of discrimination, humiliation and aggravation?  Is this level of insanity how far our unjust family courts have pushed some of our men?  Is this what it will take for someone to finally listen (though of course, NOT what ANYONE should do)?  

To me, it goes back to some of the highly publicized stories of men killing their kids, or their exes, or even themselves on courthouse steps.  I could never fathom killing anyone.  But some people don't need as much as I do to put them over some type of edge.  We tell men they have to be good fathers to make them good men.  Then we don't allow them to be good fathers.  Then, we don't allow them to be fathers at all.  Then some give up, they're back to square one...not good men.

Once again, never would I condone violence of this or any other type of violence, and I know SPARC doesn't either.  But what exactly is it going to take to get equality for men and kids in this country?  Personally, I think legitimate fathers groups all need to get together and make some noise, and continue making noise until someone finally listens.

Wishing

Actually I'm glad you did post this. The comment from Eric should not have been allowed to be posted - or deleted by the administrator. I am for free speech but there are limits. Before anyone goes off on me for that comment, let me explain that. It's akin to yelling "Fire" in a movie theater when there is no fire.

Rash, irrational statements like Eric's only deter from countless fathers who have had their Rights stripped away. Wackos are wackos whether for Father's Rights or anything else. His comments are wrong, plain and simple in my opinion.

Good post Brent and wonderful commentary.