Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 06:52:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Help! Help! Help!

Started by mlombar, Jun 29, 2006, 08:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlombar

Last week I told my wife we should get a divorce.  I have been my son's caretaker and my wife works full time.   She took my son and will not tell me where he is or let me speak to him.  I went to file a custody order today at court and she went the day before me and they granted her temporary full custody.  She lied on the court papers about everything and she said she doesn't have to let me see my son now.

I won't be able to speak to my attornery until tomorrow.  Can she not let me see my son with this order?  Our court date isn't until August 16th.

She's using my son as revenge.  

Kent

If the temporary order does not address parenting time, she does not need to let you know where your son is, let you talk to him or see him, or share any information whatsoever with you.

Here is some advice:

1) DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT!
Everything that happens. Go to the articles pages, and read the "Tips on documenting". Keep it factual, do not show any emotions in your documentation.

2) Give us a little more info. What state are you in? How old is your son?

3) Check if your state is a one-party state.
http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html
If it is, then you are allowed to record conversations without your wife knowing about it. Record all your conversations, get on tape that she will not let you see your son, even better if she admits on tape that she does this to get back at you.

4) DO NOT BE ALONE WITH YOUR WIFE!!! Make sure there is ALWAYS at least one reliable witness, preferably with a hidden camcorder. If not, and she files domestic violence charges against you, then you're in real trouble, and happy if you can stay out of jail.

5) Get witnesses that will testify that you are the primary caretaker. Medical records showing you went to the doctor's office with him, everything you can get your hands on.

6) Close all joint accounts (if she hasn't already emptied them). Apply for at least 2 credit cards, you may need them.

7) Stay away from alcohol, drugs, medication, and women.

Go to the articles pages, and start reading. Educate yourself. The better you erducate yourself, the better a client you are to the attorney, the better he/she will work for you.

Check back often, and keep on giving us updates!

Kent!