Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:23:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fathers rights

Started by thekids, Jul 07, 2006, 03:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thekids

I am currently helping a friend trying to locate similiar court cases in favor for the father. Here is the situation. His ex-wife and their children will be moving to another city. The city is about 15 - 20 miles away. She will be putting their kids in new schools close to their new home. The father would like to fight to keep his children in the same school district. Does anyone know where I can locate similiar cases? thanks for the help

ocean

He should go to the courthouse and file custody. Does his papers say anything about a move? Ours had a 30 mile clause. Will the move be during the summer? I really do not see him getting custody over a short move BUT he could get her to do more of the driving since she is the one to move. Is he in the home school district now? What is the parenting plan now? How old are the children? He needs to prove that it is not in the best interest of the children to move. There are cases that the move was stopped but usually not for 15 miles unless the other parent had the children half the time in the same school district.
Good luck!

thekids

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately he can't fight for custody. His chirldren are ages 11, 9, 3. He would just like to keep his children in the same school district. His kids have had a difficult time with the divorce and the move has made it more difficult. He was told that he should look for similiar cases that the parent has won a case like this. I was going to try and help him find cases but not sure where to start to look on the net. Thanks again.