Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:27:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lawyer letting BM take kids out of state despite court order keeping them here!

Started by KathyNY, Aug 09, 2006, 12:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genie

she has custody of the children.  So if her husband gets transferred then it becomes an issue b/c she and the children would be moving with him. And unfortunately, spouse transfers are considered to be a legitimate reason for moveaways.  And now that she has gotten married, she most likely has successfully played the game.  

As for Rockford, you can put your mind at ease that this is a nice area.  It is about 1 hour North/kinda West of where I live.  I'm sure they won't be living in the apartment longer than lease b/c you can get nice houses for a reasonable price in that whole area.  You can get a bigger house for the same money in my area in the Rockford area.  The school are good and all.  Like any area, there are some not so nice areas but I have some around where I live and most towns have their yuck area.  Hopefully not knowing the area, they didn't pick one of those.  I have only encountered one County that would actually enforce visitation interference in IL. I haven't dealt with Rockford area but most areas say it is a domestic issue and won't do anything about it.

So if you guys ever come out to visit let me know and we can hook up!!

Now as for you guys getting married, I don't think it will be a swaying factor either way in this case.  I know you love each other alot so getting married to save money is only stepping up the date.  You can still get married at the County and have a reception that night or that weekend just fine.  Many people do that.  

And I am happy you are stepping back in this situation b/c it will make your relationship much better in the long run.  Now nothing says you can't take care of the children when they are with you guys but the legal battles will only drive you insane if you don't let FH handle them b/c you won't agree with his decisions and he won't always do what you want. You can suggest to him what can be done but let him decide. Then the blame is only on him if he is not happy afterwards.  

Good luck.  I do hope she isn't stupid enough to not come back. I do know you have to be in the state for 6 mos before changing jurisdiction so she can't try to pull that right now.