Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 06:42:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Petition to help a father ordered to pay college for adult daughter, or else!

Started by lovehiskids, Jan 09, 2004, 12:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKx2

[em]She'll make a wonderful wife and mother someday...[/em]

No doubt will also be a member of that "other" site, whining about the injustices to single momz.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

stepmary

That's wonderful!

hisliltulip

I hope it helps the family.

The Judge on this case disgusts me.  There is a defenseless child now caught up in the effects of this and I am NOT talking about the college aged ADULT child!

)( GRRRRRRRRRR!

Brent

This is pretty *&$! outrageous, and needs to be signed by everyone. Maybe with enough signatures this judge will get a clue as to how unreasonable his order is.

Kitty C.

You certainly are getting the word out!  I signed it this morning, when there was less than 200 signatures, and at this time, it's nearly doubled!!

Ain't it amazin' what we can do when we do it TOGETHER????
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

lovehiskids

everyone who signed! We are almost to 400 with a goal of 1000 by Monday!

I love everyone here at SPARC!

LHK (aka FrugalDiva on SWC)

lovehiskids

everyone who signed! We are almost to 400 with a goal of 1000 by Monday!

I love everyone here at SPARC!

LHK (aka FrugalDiva on SWC)

Kitty C.

Just copied it on Dad's Divorce, so expect an onslaught of signers!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

lucky

Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

StPaulieGirl

I never expected that post to get flamed :-(

My reply:

First of all, I posted this on my own. I thought it was outrageous that a judge would threaten to put the father in jail and seize his whole paycheck, which is illegal under Federal law. Whether or not his new baby matters in a court of law, putting this man in jail won't solve anything. He has until January 23rd to come up with 3800.00.

I expected a little more civility from FReepers regarding this. I sure didn't expect to get flamed.

Michaels2ndwife joined Free Republic today to answer some of your questions. I feel that she tried her best to explain the legality of this situation. I need to apologize to her for some of the posts that I've read here. I have promoted both Free Republic and SPARC for several years, and I'm personally embarassed by some of your responses. To those of you who have expressed support, or at least a civil reply, thank you.

In case some of you haven't caught this obvious fact, Michaels2ndwife is that baby's mother.

148 posted on 01/09/2004 3:05:15 PM PST by TheSpottedOwl (Happy Iraqi Independence Day!!!!)

I don't know what to say.  Hopefully people will ignore the BS, and sign the petition.