Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:57:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BM Threatens to take my Son away!

Started by chardog, Aug 31, 2006, 03:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janM

They are right, without a court-ordered parenting plan, you can't just take the child, even if you are the father. She has custody.

chardog

Should I report the issue of welfare on the part of the mother?  It's pretty shady with them stealing cable, electric, and having a few adults paying for the very little in rent that public housing does not take care of.

right now, I'm out for blood.  I had a weekend planned for my only son.  I took care of him when she had issues.  I took him in for weeks at a time.

chardog

I had my buddy personally serve bm papers yesterday, along with a request for my son.  She was served, but my request denied.

Today, she comes unannounced and I have my son for labor day!!!  He's with the family for a few mins, so I'm here reporting, but my work's not done.  She wants to draft and notorize a legal form.  

she agreed for me having joint legal and physical custody, and I will likely have my son for more than 50% of the time.  Cant I draft such a document, can such a document be drafted?

custody, paternity, and visitation, all on one draft to be notorized and filed with the court.  Also, provisions, for future schedule changes... she wants to work nights so she can have him days and me nights.

can it be done?  she wants to drop her case, and me drop my case against her.  I am visiting my lawyer tomorrow and dont want to get ripped off.  Thanks all!!!

btw, she is not asking for any child support anymore, as she knows that I clearly take care of my son better than she can ever do.

Kent

Unless you are a lawyer or a long-time visitor of this site, you won't be able to write that yourself.

Just a word of caution: I have read many custody orders written by attorneys, and NONE of them is detailed enough. Even mine, that I wrote myself, turned out to have some flaws. It is nearly impossible to have it changed later, so make sure that everything is written down the way you want it.

Kent!

chardog

yes, I do plan to have it drafted by an attorney.  I do have a rough draft I formed and even though it's pretty detailed, it might not be legally sufficient.

I understand that it needs to be signed by a judge;  how long would the process take?  I want it drafted tomorrow, is it even possible to do it in an hour?

I've seen this:  http://www.contractcentral.com/750-legally-binding-documents/
but not sure if that stuff is good enough.  I need to act quickly before bm changes her mind, and at the same time, I dont want to pay a few thousand for a document.

thanks for the help so far, this forum has given me my life back!

HelpingHands

http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/pplan3.php

Excellent Plan! Very detailed and reasonable for BOTH parties and child!

Good luck.

ocean

I had my seperation papers drawn up by a place (not a lawyer) that writes documents (wills...ect..). Look in your local paper. If you go in there with exactly what you want, they will put it in the correct manner for court. Then you can file it and the judge will sign it when he gets to it...but you will have the notarized copy with both your signatures on it. Write up what you want, post it, and many here will help you. Like the other poster said, detailed as possible...remembering school-age, holidays, birthday's, long weekends, vacations, who picks up, exact dates for summer and holidays with times will be helpful later on. Is child in school? Have it written that child goes to your home district.
Good luck!

chardog

>http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/pplan3.php
>
>Excellent Plan! Very detailed and reasonable for BOTH parties
>and child!
>
>Good luck.
Wow, exellent!

but Will this cover for paternity issues?  I read the join legal and joint physical custody, but I'm not sure, since it's made for divorced parents.

This forum is the best!  thanks again.

notnew

I am so glad you had her served. The MONEY to the attorney is WELL worth it if you get an iron clad agreement. Remember, you get what you pay for. This is not an area to chintz on.

If she bails on the agreement, carry the court action to the end.

I am glad you got your son for the holiday. I am glad you heard what I was saying and had her personally served asap. I think it made a difference in her behavior at least for the moment.

I am glad things are looking up for you. I have to say though, it ain't over till the ink is dry on the order so please don't let your guard down.

We are looking for an update!

williaer

Remember to include the money and always put dollar amounts. We made the mistake of putting "mother is responsible for the cost of school lunches"- and she tried to weasel out of paying anything, since her income qualified SD for free lunch. Didn't work out, thank goodness, but could have been a real bitch if it had.