Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 03:05:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Please keep us in your thoughts...

Started by SLYarnell, Oct 22, 2006, 12:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLYarnell

Tuesday evening, 10/17 my DH was killed in a Motorcycle accident in California.  I cant find the words to express the loss we feel right now.  My SD had just 4 1/2 months living with her dad.  We cherish each and every moment but it is just soooo unfair that this should happen to us this soon after our oh so sweet victory.  He loved her so very much and was so looking forward to being there as she grew up... *sigh*

Choking back tears knowing how much of a shock this will be to those of you who have become so very special to me...

Droogle

I've lost my mind.  I think my kids have it.

Kent

Sly,

I am so sorry for your loss.
I don't really know what to say, you and DH and SD have been in my thoughts for so long. You finally had SD and DH together, I know how long and difficult of a fight that was.
I will keep you in my prayers.

Kent

MixedBag

Prayers are coming!!!

Keep a close eye on SD -- she's gonna need you now more than ever.

I remember your story....

Last October, we too had a friend killed in a motorcycle accident....so not right.

MixedBag

Prayers are coming!!!

Keep a close eye on SD -- she's gonna need you now more than ever.

I remember your story....

Last October, we too had a friend killed in a motorcycle accident....so not right.

speciallady

Oh hun, I am just speachless...
email me or pm me here if ya need to talk or anything.
Hugs and prayers

Davy

... the words may be difficult at this time.  The heart seeks tranquiity and hope for SD, SLY and all to carry DH's greatness forward....

btw, the long time posters on this site know how special you are to all
of us !!!

Ref

Hugs to you and your family

Ref

hagatha

Sly,

I am so very sorry for your loss. I know just how hard you guys worked to get SD where she needed to be. I know the bond between you and she will become so strong now as you both need each other to heal.

Prayers,
The Witch

Kitty C.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, sly.  And I know this is just the start of some rough times for all of you.  DS lost his dad 4 years ago, but well after we'd separated.  Didn't make it any easier on DS and he's still paying the price and is in residential treatment now.

The only thing I can tell you is that there are many here you can reach out to..........we've always been here for you and we always will be.  Don't try to tough it out and keep an eye on SD as well for any help she may need as well.  Kids have a way of hiding it, but it eventually comes out in their behaviors.  Just make sure you take care of yourself as well.  
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......