Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 04:01:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

new father in need of some help, possible move-away pre-birth. please....

Started by soundwavez, Oct 20, 2006, 05:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soundwavez

I'm new here and just started to do some research into my rights as a father. My (ex) girlfriend is 5 months pregnant with our baby girl Elisabeth, she's been dealing with a eating disorder and suffers from a bunch of other ailments, like ADD, bi-polar disorder and other mental health issues. She is due around the end of Febuary and is moving to Nebraska. Her mother (who completely dislikes me) lives there with her step father. Part of the reason she said she was moving is because she needs to go to a clinic there. Which is admirable, but I don't think it is the truth. She has been ignoring me and I am competely cut off from her. She won't even respond to my calls, e-mails or texts about baby Elisabeth or her health. I am in dire need of some help. I contacted a lawyer today and I am going to talk to them to see what I can do. Since this is happening in Connecticut and in November her lease is up I need to act fast for I am in fear of her "jetting" out of town, living in Nebraska, having the baby there, and raising our baby in the mid-west. Ultimately leading to her stopping me from being a part of the baby's life. This all came about to me recently, I been planning since I found out 5 months ago. Saving, renting a larger apartment, buying baby things, maternity clothes... etc...etc...and now she just decided that she wants to go. Can anyone out ther help? Please. I been researching. I'm not sure if a putative father registry is what I should do. Are the headquarters just in Georgia? Does anyone share the same thing that I am going threw... the reuslts? Can I stop her from leaving here because of the baby? I was told I can call the superior court and set a temp. restraining order... I just don't know... I am in need of any help. Please if you can assist or know someone who can let me know.

And thank you, this is a great forum. I am going to be a great father and I am ready for this. I am ready to fight for my rights as a father.

XBUNCEX

I have a very similar situation to yours. My ex also planned on moving back to Texas from North Carolina where we both are now. I have been told that there is a procedure that you can do to keep her from legally leaving the state with your unborn child. Unfortunatly there is no punitive father registry in North Carolina(it differs state to state). We have mutual friends and they all told me to just "chill out" until after the baby is born. They said things will change. Well, my advice to you is, DON"T wait to take action no matter what anyone says. We had our child four days ago and I've only seen him a total of 5-6 hours so far. She is very deceptive and tells myself and everyone else that I am more than welcome to come see the child whenever I want to but then creates an atmosphere that is very uncomfortable and unacceptable to my standards. I feel it is better to just not see him than have him in that situation because I know he can sense the problems going on between me and his mother. It's a very bad situation and I don't have an answer for you but what I can tell you is, Document everything! And don't wait to take action on the situation. Good Luck, you're in my prayers. [email protected]
Write me if you wanna talk, it helps to have someone to talk to.