Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:46:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

wish us luck!

Started by WhatToDo, Nov 08, 2006, 07:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatToDo

We're going to court today to try and find BM in contempt. She hasn't allowed DH visitation since April. We're both sooo nervous. BM is representing herself and she's somewhat intimidating. I hope DH can hold up okay.

Will DH have to take the stand? We're not real sure how this all works.

Hopefully this is a first step (probably small step) towards giving SD the relationship with DH and his family that she deserves...

WhatToDo

we just found out the reason she might be representing herself...Her lawyer refuses to help her because he isn't getting paid. She has called at least 2 other lawyers today trying to get help. One called our lawyer and said he would NOT represent her because he knew he wouldn't get paid.

mistoffolees

Hmmmm..

Sounds like a conflict of interest. If the respondent tries to hire a lawyer and they contact the petitioner's lawyer to say they won't take her because she doesn't pay her bills, it seems that they might be opening themselves up to legal action. It's certainly not something that I would expect a lawyer to do.

WhatToDo

Well we went to court but BM never showed up. Apparently she was never officially served. She DID know about the hearing though. 3 different lawyers came to court saying she had contacted them within the last 2 days about this hearing. ANyway, the hearing was continued for December 6th.

MYSONSDAD

As long as your paperwork is organized with every i dotted and t crossed, you should not have anything to worry about. I had gas receipts, Police incident reports and a witness. Take pictures showing her not being home.

Always make the attempt to pick up, even though she "has plans".

Contempts are hard to prove. Keep your eye on SOC's board for any added information that will help.

I hope those 3 lawyers all send her a bill......

"Children learn what they live"