Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 01:03:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Not sure what to do

Started by tommylovespenny, Nov 08, 2006, 03:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommylovespenny

I am being harassed by the Nevada CSED collection agency.  They say I am refusing to pay child support.  I don't understand how that can be true when I had an order to garnish my pay for several years.  I have repeatedly called their office and gave my name, ssn, phone number, place of work, work phone number and as much information as I could possibly give to be of assistance.

In the past I had paid cash, checks and money orders directly to my ex wife and later I found out that almost none of it was put towards how much I owed.  I ended up in arrears and had my drivers license revoked without my knowledge.  I lost all my receipts showing what I had paid when it got thrown away.  That was a $20,000 mistake.

I have not been able to find anyone who can point me in a direction which will show me how to deal with this office.  Whenever I call and talk with someone they are rude and unhelpful.  I never get a straight or realistic answer.  I am not a criminal, I am just a guy with a family who is and has always tried to do the right thing.

I don't believe I am the first person to deal with this sort of dilemma.  It doesn't seem normal that csed has as much power as they do.  They can strip you of your dignity, take away your rights and freedoms, and they can make your life so difficult that you want to give up.  Isn't there anyone who knows of anything a non-custodial parent can do?

I missed my daughter's growing up because I can't afford to just travel across 2 states and hope for a chance to see her.  I have struggled just to make a life that isn't quite so miserable as I'm used to.  So, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions...I am willing to listen.

Thank you.