Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:12:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

e-mail hacking?

Started by gemini3, Dec 18, 2006, 01:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speciallady

I'm a long time member here--I read but just don't post as much anymore.
Sure, you could go through a lot of expense, time and effort and unless you can prove, via a picture, that this person was on a particular computer, at a certain time and without a doubt it is her--nothing will be done, legally.
However, let me share some things that we've experienced over the years regarding the ex and the internet. I conclude with some ideas.
Let me begin with this site-yes, she's been on here (HI stalker) and probably reads still too. You wouldnt believe some of the bull she's posted here only to be "outed" and chastized.
She guess my password on FreeAdvice.com (a good site but not as wonderful as here)--because she has once again internet stalked me and found me. So, she steals my posting name, posts some really lame things, and I found her out. Long story short---turnabout was fair play and I got my posting name back. Along with some interesting info on her yahoo activities.
She broke into my msn account and my husbands. My husband used a very simple password years ago and she guessed it. Not much activity on those accounts but some personal emails sent back and forth. Thing is, she changed the profile to make  it look like son did it with all his info and pictures on it. Sad. One simple call and we got the accounts back. She was stupid enough to publicly post that she got "two new accounts" and listed our accounts.
She opened up a yahoo account using my husbands personal information. She sent some horrible things and said some horrible things on this yahoo profile making it seem like my husband printed this. ONe simple phone call and the account was taken down. She got mad because they also closed her picture page yet blamed my husband.
She stalked me on a friends forum and tried to pretend she was someone else...she was caught and we had a fun time "playing" with her!
I'd say, in all, there is about 10 different internet places she has followed me too. Originally, she found my yahoo profile and clicked on some links I had on there--I almost never use my real name, so she had to waste a lot of time doing that. Go figure.

OH, I have tons more. Even though the kids are over 18, it continues. But I'll tell ya what we've done and why she's terrified these adult children will find out her activities--how would she explain all this?
We copied everything-and I mean everything.
Now, we are not the kind of people who, like her, would run to the kids and disparrage her--we never have and never will.
BUT, should the kids, either one, ever want to know--well, there is it. I'll include the breaking in to our msn accounts--which you have experienced. What kind of a person does this sort of thing?
Copy everything---get a statcounter for all your sites--get headers for emails and most importantly..
change passwords about every other day. I have about 3 I use and interchange--its a pain but my stalker will not be getting into our sites anymore.

Good luck

Rakkasan

If a keystroke logger is being used the new password will be easily picked up.  Also, if this type of program is found on the computer, do not remove it.  It is illegal to use these programs on computers that are not owned by the person using the program.  Contact your attorney and use a different computer until the courts or police can examine the computer.  

mistoffolees

I would check into the wiretapping statutes. This is not legal advice, so take it with a grain of salt. My attorney explained that if I gave my stbx the password to my account, that it would be difficult or impossible to charge her. If, on the other hand, she obtained the password without my permission, she could well be in violation of wiretapping laws.

I think the relevant laws are federal, but I'm not sure.