Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:08:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New user here, tricked into fatherhood

Started by Tricked_by_my_ex, Jan 06, 2007, 12:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

Here in Iowa, they canNOT base future CS on past wages.  Also, they canNOT base CS on a wage that isn't absolute.  Which means, if the overtime isn't mandatory, they cannot use it to calculate CS.  Check your CS statutes to be sure.

When DH worked for a previous comp., they had a mandatory 4 hours of overtime per week, and it was included in his CS calculation.  In the job he currently has, it is not mandatory, but certainly abundant.  And they cannot touch it.  They also cannot touch the reimbursement checks he receives for his expenses, as it is considered money that he has already spent.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Ref

about the OT though, I am not saying to misrepresent anything, just not to start working more OT in anticipation to legal bills etc.

Thanks for the correction

Ref

mishelle2

Like everyone has said.. go get an attorney, even if the child isnt here yet.. this way, you may be able to make it so she has to notify you of the birth, therfore you can be on the birth cert. but i wouldnt wait to long .. you anger will never subside, but children are a blessing, regardless of how they get there.. and even if the ex or ex's are pbfh!! and trust me.. Ive got 2 to deal with so I know!!

cc

there really is one.  In tests it dropped sperm count to zero with no real side effects, and after a few months off the pill, fertility returned to normal.  

I think it's high time they gave the men rights like this.  This'll sure drop the number of women who use guys as unwitting sperm donors, that's for sure.

cinb85

If she is pregnant and a DNA test proves that you are the father, then you will be obligated to help take care of that child.  If she files for child support, then you will be obligated to pay the child support.

Check with your state guidelines.  Some states give credit to the NCP if they spend alot of time with the child and some states won't grant child support if both parents spend equal (50/50% of the time) with the child!  

Good luck!