Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 12:09:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

School & Medical records, secrecy!

Started by chaplaink, Jan 31, 2007, 05:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaplaink

I am a non-custodial father but it is stipulated that the ex provide all records etc, 6 years now nothing recieved.  I have written both school and doctors several time each, certified etc citing the FERPA regs, to no avail!
  They live 400 miles away so I cannot simply walk in, furthermore she serves phony orders of protection almost every time I try to see my son in "Her Town".
She is hiding the fact that my son lives with her parents, these records would prove such stealth custody.
At this point I would like to sue these institutions for rights violations in Federal Court.

Can I?  And any clue as to how?

Thank You, Ken

Hawkeye

>She is hiding the fact that my son lives with her parents,
>these records would prove such stealth custody.
>At this point I would like to sue these institutions for
>rights violations in Federal Court.
>
>Can I?  And any clue as to how?
>
>Thank You, Ken

Either hire a lawyer or go Pro Se' and litigate the pants off them.

HelpingHands

Get in touch with the superintendent of the school system by phone, then in writing. Explain that you have sent numerous letters requesting school records, report cards, etc to the school's principal(??)and you have not heard anything back.

You are requesting that the situation be addressed immediately. I'd write that you will reimburse for any postage & copy fees incurred to send such records. Send a copy of the court order so they know WHO you are, that you have a legal right to school documents and to verify that you are who you say you are.

The next time you are in town, make a point to stop in, introduce yourself to them and get the information corrected on the records. The school may not even know you exist, outside the letters you've sent. Have you spoken with the principal? Have you sent yor court order info? If you've done all that, yah let them know you will file a motion with the court for violating your rights to your child's school records. They will quickly produce records, I'm betting on it.

chaplaink

Thank You for your quick response!

Yes I have done all that plus more regarding the school and his primary doctor (where i pay $1500. per mo. 4 fam med.).  at this point I really WANT to sue both, under FERPA I believe.
But I am not shure it applies to medical records although I do have a stip., stating she should produce, will it hold up against the dr.'s non-compliance.  

I have only seen my kids for 2 hrs. now in 6 years vs. 15 shark attorneys, while pro-se.

I am very angry and really want ot bust chops, beyond trying to assertain my son's medical and scholastic status's.

I appreciate any and all ideas.  BTW I live in New York State, where LeGAL runs the courts (lesbian and gay association of lawyers).

Thanks, Chaplain Ken

HelpingHands

Post to Socrateaser's board asking for his legal opinion on where to begin.

chaplaink

Thanks, but how do I do that, (post elsewhere?)

Chaplain Ken

FatherTime

Look for Dear Socrateaser

http://www.deltabravo.net/dc/dcboard.php

or click on "top" on the top of this page.

cinb85

My ex doesn't pay his court-ordered CS and doesn't visit with our daughter.  But....I have no problem with him getting our daughter's medical records and her school records.  I have given all of our daughter's doctor's permission to give my ex any info on her even though it is not stated in our court-order.  I have nothing to hide and he has the right to this information.

chaplaink

I wish you were my Ex, no offense but what I ahve been up against for 11 years (including the bad marriage) has been very painful for me and mine.

Ken

chaplaink

And Yes, she is and has been hiding the fact that my children live elsewhere, is why she will not produce records as stipulated as they would confirm all those suspicions.

Ken

Plus she cares not for thier welfare.