Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 02:33:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Need help please...

Started by Ronn, Apr 14, 2007, 01:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronn

I do not know about having a formal hearing to notify the foreign state of the home state taking jurisdiction. All I know is that's what our lawyer has told us and all we can do now is have trust in him until the hearing takes place.
We were told that if the mother didn't show up for the court hearing that the case would be heard without her and the children could be awarded to my newphew. We were also told that if that happened the court would have a marshal go and get the children from where they are and return them to my nephew.
I have a friend in the court system here and they spoke with people in the family court here and asked who did they consider the very best lawyer that they see come through there and is aggressive and wins the majority of their cases.
This is the lawyer they recommended and he seems very knowledgable. We are just hoping that he is good and the court system can like you see that the children are in danger as long as the mom has them and especially when she is somewhere that nobody has any contact with the children.
We are all just praying for the children for what they are being put through right now. I know they are devestated not being able to see or even speak with their father or any of their family here.
This is not the first time she has left and taken the children but before she stayed in the same town and came back to my nephew once she got all of the "running around and having a good time" out of her system. The oldest child has been tormented from the last time she did this. He would every once in a while tell us that if his mama ever took him again for us to "come look for him" until we found him.
Thats hard to think about what's going on in his mind right now. I am sure he is wondering if we are looking for him or if we are gonna come get him.
We just try to look a litle farther down the road and maybe things will be different. Its my belief and my family has talked about having the children see a therapist once they are returned. I am sure there are alot of things in their minds that are confusing to them.
Its hard for any of us to comprehend how a mother could put her own children through this just to satisfy her own selfish wants.
I truely believe that "what goes around ...comes around" and I am just hoping her day is coming soon.
Thanks to all you guys for letting me vent some here and answering questions for me and my family. Yall just don't know how much it helps sometimes.