Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 04:51:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PRE-PAID LEGAL? WHAT?

Started by fathers4custody, Jan 12, 2004, 05:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fathers4custody

ONE MORE QUESTION IF I MAY-

IS ANYONE PAYING FOR ONE OF THESE MONTHLY LEGAL THINGS?  DO THEY HELP? ARE THEY FOR REAL? JUST WONDERING, BECAUSE NOBODY HAS EVER MENTIONED IT?

MKx2

I have never personally used pre-paid legal though I had it for a few months with one employer.

From what I've read on this board and others, it isn't worth it.

Ian, as a favor, could I ask that you not post in ALL CAPS ... it's really hard to read if you do that.  Thanks!  :-)

Indigo Mom

And I base it on my own experience.  I went to a garage sale 2 years ago, and the guy was offering this pre paid legal stuff.  At the time, I did need a lawyer desperately, but couldn't afford the high retainer.  So, I took his card, gave him my phone number, and the guy nagged me TO DEATH!  He called constantly asking if i'd made my decision...so finally I said my hub doesn't get paid for another week.  Know what he did?  He called 2 hours later saying that he'd been to his own bank, withdrew the $125 out of his own account to "pay" for my start up costs...and that I could reimburse him when hub gets paid.

Anyone who's that eager and willing to spend their own money so they can get commissions...isn't for me.  I also believe they're "generic" lawyers who can do a bit of everything...that is something you don't want when it comes to your children.  

Brent

Please stop typing in ALL CAPS. It makes it difficult to read your messages and also looks like you're "shouting".

fathers4custody

sorry about the caps!
didn't know,
and yes I think I was shouting!