Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 04:25:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Round 3 - "Boys are stupid ..." tee shirts.

Started by MKx2, Jan 12, 2004, 05:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

forthekids24

Dapy's, a store operated by our company, offers various lines of popular apparel. It has recently come to Senior Management's attention that we have inadvertently offered some items from one of these lines that contain offensive messages.

The t-shirts have been taken off the store's shelves immediately and will no longer be sold at Dapy's or at any other location owned by our company. Our company does not condone any messages of intolerance to any group within our society and we regret having allowed this incident to occur.

Sincerely,

Eliot Sekuler,

Vice President, Public Relations, Universal Studios Hollywood

StPaulieGirl

Thanks!  This is just ridiculous.  Universal Studios is no one's friend, and doesn't promote anyone's values.  Yeah, well they're promoting someone's values.  Just not ours.

I used the link on Glenn Sacks website and emailed this to everyone:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I find shirts degrading boys and girls to be extremely offensive.  I would appreciate some oversight on your company's part in the future.  There isn't enough trouble in the world, so we have to incite more violence against one another?

Thank you for correcting this situation.

Sincerely,

NoNicky

Me too!!!  They must be getting a bunch of e-mails.

NoNicky
For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6

MKx2

The tee shirts will be removed!

Round 3 - Another VICTORY!

Thanks to all from SPARC and other sites/areas/places who responded to Glenn Sacks request for support!

StPaulieGirl

Yep, that's the reply I got.

msme

It has come to my attention that the Dapy store has an Anti-Boy center that sells clothing that depict & encourage violence against boys, such as the 'Boys are stupid' T-shirts.

As the mother of 2 fine sons & several wonderful grandsons, who live in a world fraught with violence, I find it appalling that a company that proclaims to profess a strong interest in the family, would promote violence through the merchandise it sells in it's stores.

Our children are exposed to so much violence. Please take a stand & put an end to this promotion of gender violence by removing these products from your stores & refusing to deal with vendors who work so hard to destroy our children.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. Please feel free to contact me either by email or phone,

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!