Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:04:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Proof this site is great! Keep faith!

Started by JayC, May 03, 2007, 02:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayC

There isn't a waking day I don't thank this website for all its done for me.

I know what it's like to fight the uphill battle. My oldest son, now 18, graduates from high school in 25 days. My formerly alienated daughter and I have a great relationship. She will be receiving her BA in 19 days. My youngest son is starting high school next year and is in his last year of baseball with me. We started racing Corvettes last year and hopefully he'll have his licensing by October (my state offers "hardship" drivers licenses to 15 year olds). Our first race this season is in 17 days. We are both excited. [img src="http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7438/drivingen8.gif"/]

I remember back in the early part of my divorce proceedings, almost 10 years ago, everything seemed so hopeless. For every step forward I took 10 steps back. I dealt with almost every dirty trick in the book, alleged abuses, erroneous CPS investigations, police, alienation, and a much more biased system than it is today.

I came close, but I never gave up on the system. To give you an idea of how things seemed to go from bad to worse, my trial was held a couple of days after Mothers Day. On the second day of the trial the first judge was removed since I expressed to my attorney my displeasure with Madam Judge playing laptop solitaire during my testimony. My heart sank.

It was that same sinking feeling I had when my ex took off with the children and everything in the house and simply disappeared. The same one I had when the process server showed up the next morning with the divorce papers. The same one I had when the police arrested me because my ex cut her leg in her attack on me. The same one I had an hour before the Temp Custody hearing, and am handed 7 affidavits signed by my ex's family members alleging I beat my daughter with a board. That same one I had, when, two days before Christmas I receive the letter from CPS informing me their investigation came back as founded abuse by me. Dammit, the system was beating the hell out of me! And then I found god (we called him Waylon back then :) ) who extended a hand and pulled me out of the despair and showed me deltabravo.net. Everything I had been trying to fathom was right there in front of me. And people are still here volunteering support, Kudos goes out to them!

In closing I just want to say that I'm living proof that this site works. SPARC can give you the many articles, attorney help, guides, and links which have accumilated to great proportions over the years, all for no cost. But they won't do you any good unless you are true to yourself and to the system. Always remember to keep moving forward. I know it's hard sometimes, but keep your faith in the system. Look for the light at the end of the tunnel in your children. Never lose sight of who they are and what they mean to you. More importantly, what they feel each parent means to them every second of the day. They may not want you one moment, but those moments that they do, be there in body or mind with a smile and happy thoughts. It's very important when time goes from slow motion to sonic speed.

MixedBag

You're right "Never lose sight of who they (the children) are and what they mean to you."

Kent

JayC,

I am so happy to hear things are going well for you.
I remember the older days as if they were yesterday.
And you're right, this site was and is a life saver to so many people.
Good luck with the race!

Kent!

hagatha

I remember those early days of SPARC well before the name was changed.

Remember FRTC.

There was Waylon otherwise known as "O Great One".

We have come a long way. With a long way still to go.

The Witch

Remember . . . KARMA is a Wonderful Thing!!!!!

determined

Glad to hear it.  This is all about happy, well-adjusted kids.

bblindell

WOW!!!
I am so happy for you and your family. I, too, had a good friend (Marty) tell me about SPARC and my wife and I have used it to help us see my children.  Unfortunately, I am still in the trenches of court appearnces and attorneys fees, but your post has given me renewed strength.  
Thank you again for your positive story.

backwardsbike

Thanks for posting a success story.  Ihaven't been as lucky as you, but still I can attest to the good this site does. I just wish I'd found it before I screwed up my case by trusting an X who lied thru his teeth.

hoosierpapa4

Waylon, Dog, and all the others along the way have been a huge help to us all.  I now have custody of my two youngest boys with my X.  She's a jewel of a person to deal with.  Some day, when I have a few hours to compose a "quick" how to beat a non-custodial parent half to death and then beat them some more document, I will.  I can tell that you have the faith and that you have worked hard, that's all that you can do.

Congrats