Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 10:58:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Do I have any options, I've heard no

Started by orais007, May 07, 2007, 04:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orais007

Thanks for your imput, at this time we are not divorced, we are separated and just started the divorce process, that being said, I feel it is wrong to impress upon the children that it is alright to allow someone of the opposite sex to have a key to the home and free entrance while everyone (including the stbx) is sleeping.

orais007

My children have had dinner with this person twice, noting that the mother had to pay both times for him.  He did come over and work with the mother in the backyard,  the girls were not happy that they had to stay inside and play on a sunny spring day, while the two of them seeded the lawn for a few hours.  What are the girls going to say, of course they think he's nice.  What kind of guy goes out with a woman with children and  is rude or mean to them in the first few hours of knowing them.  I don't think the guy is a Monster, nor do I mean to imply that he is, I just feel that there is not enough consideration for the girls here and what statistically could happen.  I've seen more than a few "one in a million" chances happen and pray that this 1 in 50,000 chances don't.  I'm a protective parent, but when a friend asked me to stay the night while her daughter was home, I said I wouldn't feel right, what if she woke up. Maybe that doesn't work for alot of people, but I believe that if it is meant to be, then there will be another time, I'm not in  that big of a hurry. But thank you for your imput, I appreciate what you say because you aren't saying just what I want to hear and I do see your point, we just have different positions of what is right