Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:56:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Parental Alienation Syndrome

Started by bblindell, May 12, 2007, 05:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bblindell

My wife has been doing some digging around about Parental Alienation Syndrome and my ex is a classic example.  Have any of you had any success in the GA courts with charging a parent with PAS?  

4honor

http://deltabravo.net/custody/provepas.php

CLICK ON THAT
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

MixedBag

and get yourself a copy of "Divorce Poison".

Read it.

Read it again and highlight what strikes you as important.

And then "index it" because you're gonna drive yourself crazy remembering a part of it and then you can't find it.

That book was written just for our family -- or so it seemed -- once I got my hands on it.

I've also seen a list of state supreme court cases where alienation was the reason to change custody, and I believe that list was on this site, just don't have time to look for it right now.  Maybe someone else remembers it too.   I remember for NV the family's name was Truax because NV was jurisdiction for EX#3's case.

4honor

Remember, it only becomes Parental ALienation Syndrome when it INFECTS and affects the child.

Otherwise it is Parental Alienation or Hostile Agressive Parentiing. (PA or HAP.)

If you use the word PAS in court there is a knee jerk reaction to label you as a nutcase. If you worry more about the behaviros and how concerned you are about the negative results it is having on child(ren), then you have a much better shot.

Keep away from controversial "theories" and stay focused on the kids.

PS: I am a child victim of my mother's HAP/PA actions. My father is the victim of my teenage PAS. There is hope and healing after that, but it took 22 years to undo 22 months of Severe Alienation by my mother. Don't waiver on your child even when they are hurling hateful things in your direction. They are children being forced to survive in the adult world of a messy divorce. They have a reason to lash out in anger (it may not be a good reason,  but it is a reason) and they will if they have to in order to survive. My prayers go with you, there is a long hard road ahead.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.