Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 02:55:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Deposition and discipline

Started by dipper, May 26, 2007, 09:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

My brother and his STBX have been separated for a year.  He called yesterday to ask what a deposition is, saying that her lawyer had filed for the final divorce and that a deposition was being held at lawyer's office this coming week.  He wanted to know what that was about - but says it has to do with divorce.  he said he and lawyer have received copy of final decree and were agreeable, so he is not going to deposition.

Is it normal to hold a deposition for this?  They have not been to court for anything - just worked out between lawyers.

Also, STBX has been dating guy since she filed a legal separation.  Guy is disciplining brother's daughter, which he does not like.  He tried to discuss with guy, but STBX created a big scene and called police on brother.  Officer told my brother he believes he didnt do anything...but, it could look bad because he was the one to pull over when he saw them.  This is the third time she has called police on brother.  They were married for 19 years and she has never claimed any fear of him until now...

I told brother to never approach them, that to notify her in writing of any issues he has regarding daughter....

Now, I am all for adults disciplining children..but, when parent is there, it should be the parent...especially as dates may come in and out of some people's lives..and it seems unfair to expose child to everyone else's discipline methods....